Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bimmer84 View Post
    Thanks DWT. I need to investigate. Santa Fe is the nearest airport, it would seem.
    BIMMER84,

MAMMOTH and HEAVENLY are receiving snow and are expecting totals by the the yard, not feet through the end of this week.

;)

Btw, TAOS is an excellent option.
    19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Thanks Gonz! I won't be going until 1st week in March so snow conditions are likely to be different then. I found a great deal near Salt Lake City, and will take on Powder Mountain (a locals favorite, no crowds) and Snow Basin this year. Snow Basin was host to the Downhill events during the 2002 Olympics, and SLC is a cheap city to fly to...plus was able to rent a whole house for far less than I paid for a tiny condo at Whistler. I found out that flying into an airport near Taos, or Mammoth was a lot more than I was willing to spend this year. It almost doubled the airfare.

Comment

• Sounds like you and your kid are headed for another great time.

Comment

• Originally posted by GONZ View Post
          My daughters decision to move forward with Aikido training made my day. She does not like to be forced into anything (stubborn like dad) so her free will decision to carry on is very encouraging.
          I can't wait til she's a 5th degree blackbelt and kicks your ass! Keep us posted.

------------
          <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• In her own words, that's her long term goal as well. My 6 y.o. girl is strong as an ox already but giving her this to work with is going to indeed make her a bad ass down the road.

Comment

• Not a bad skill to have.

I was going to make a joke but decided it would be inappropriate.

I hope you have a great trip Bim!
              "And I'm a million different people from one day to the next..."

Comment

• Thanks Rom, like a lot of folks I am scaling back this year, yet still feeling lucky to go out west. Anywhere out west is better than east, and SLC is a great area for snow. Gonz and DWT made some intriguing suggestions. I'd like to see Mammoth and Taos one of these years before age causes me to park my snowboarding spirit!

Comment

• Have fun, Bim.
                  I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Enjoy Bim.

GO LIONS "10" !!!!!!!!!!
                    GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Thanks guys. It will be lots of fun. btw, the Detroit International Auto show is pretty cool. It was my first time so I didn't know what to expect, but I didn't think I would see as many 2010's as I did. I came into it thinking it would be a place to showcase the next years models, but while there were some 2011's as well as concept cars, the vast majority were the same thing you could see by visiting your local dealerships.

Comment

• Originally posted by bimmer84 View Post
                        Thanks guys. It will be lots of fun. btw, the Detroit International Auto show is pretty cool. It was my first time so I didn't know what to expect, but I didn't think I would see as many 2010's as I did. I came into it thinking it would be a place to showcase the next years models, but while there were some 2011's as well as concept cars, the vast majority were the same thing you could see by visiting your local dealerships.
                        True. The concept here is that the Model year supposedly began in November and this give you an opportunity to see them all in one venue instead of visiting multiple dealerships to see them. Additionally, one will visit a dealership for particular models but, this gives all manufactures the ability to show their wares to you without finding one of their dealerships.

I have not been there this year but last year there were displays that showed the different "platforms" ie, hydrogen, electric, and renewable fuel sourced engines. Did you see any of those?
                        Last edited by Malto Marko; January 20, 2010, 06:32 PM.
                        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Listened to the heart beat of our baby today

Comment

• How far along DWT?

GO LIONS "10" !!!!!!!!!!
                            GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                              True. The concept here is that the Model year supposedly began in November and this give you an opportunity to see them all in one venue instead of visiting multiple dealerships to see them. Additionally, one will visit a dealership for particular models but, this gives all manufactures the ability to show their wares to you without finding one of their dealerships.

I have not been there this year but last year there were displays that showed the different "platforms" ie, hydrogen, electric, and renewable fuel sourced engines. Did you see any of those?

That makes sense to me, and I figured that was where it was headed once I thought about it. If I were looking to buy, it would be a great venue. If I lived locally, I would definitely see it every year.

I saw a lot of gas, electrics, and hybrids.

Comment

• I went on the Ford Rouge plant tour today. Wow that place is pretty amazing and they do a great job of showing it off. And I saw some very nice F150s being assembled. Made me want one lol. Bim, wish I had known to recommend that to you while you were here! Darn.
                                #birdsarentreal

Comment

Working...
                                X