No announcement yet.

Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smart kids (like that should surprise me)

My favorite US mainland location is Key West.
    19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• I thought they like the idea of the chickens runnin around kinda cool thing, but I think they are lookin for hotties
      If you keep shootin, you can turn any piece of meat into burger

Comment

• I had my cholesterol checked back in early Oct, just before I started to watch what I was eating. It was out of sight-total 330, high LDLs, low HDL and triglycerids 187. High blood pressure, etc etc. I was the poster child for pre-diabetes and metoblic syndrom. Doc has had me on cholesterol and BP meds for over a year.

I had it rechecked last week and got the results yesterday.

My total is down to 202, LDLs way down and HDLs way up, triglycerides down to 99. BP is down too, I am weaning myself off of my BP meds(with doctors approval). Another 15lbs or so and I should be able to get off of all of my meds.

Doc asked me what I was doing and about shit when I told him that I was eating low carb/high fat. Told me I should not eat so much saturated fat, more grains blah blah blah. I asked him why he would want to fuck with success...Ha!

That makes my day.
        Last edited by CGVT; January 8, 2010, 08:51 AM.
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Good job, CG!
          #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Have you been able to run yet CVGT?

Comment

• No. I tried a couple of times and my foot blew up. I've been using the eliptical machine and lifting a bit. I am actually starting to get into decent shape. I was starting to think that my foot would never heal enough to let me run again, but it seems to be slowly getting better. I'm not limping as bad and it doesn't hurt all the time like it did. It is taking a lot longer to heal than I expected. Hopefully I'll be able to get back to running a bit this summer.
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• What's wrong with it?

Comment

• When I was putting in a lot of miles and training for a 50k, I developed a bone spur on my heel under the Achilles tendon about the size of the tip of my thumb. I had to have surgey to remove the spur and got it done in March. The surgery involved splitting the tendon lengthwise and spreading it open to get to the spur, chiseling the spur off, reattaching the tendon with screws into the heel bone and stitching the tendon up like tieing a corsett. I have a scar about six inches long running up from ny heel. Recovery was no weight for two weeks, walking boot for six and then full weight. I guess because of the poor blood flow to the Achilles, it taks a long time to heal.

I hope it gets better because I really miss running.

Comment

• That sucks, there's no way around that type of injury.

Comment

• Yeah, the doc said that the spur was probably caused by small tears in the achilles at the attachment point and the calcuim built up as it healed. I think the only way to prevent it may have been to stretch my calf better to lengthen the achilles, but that may not have made a difference.

Comment

• Good job CGVT.

GO LIONS "10" !!!!!!!!!
                        GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Thinking about Lake Tahoe. Has anyone been to Heavenly Ski Resort?

Comment

• Years ago when the name Heavenly was actual and could be applied every winter due to real snow.

Haven't been back in a long time.

Let me know if you go this year.

You did Whistler last year.

Have you ever been to Mammoth?
                            19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Bimm,

From my 18 yrs living in the bay area, I've heard great things about Heavenly.

I went to Sierra Ski Ranch years ago. Fell on my ass 3 times, took off the skis and spent the rest of the day in the lodge drinking hot cocoa w/ peppermint schnapps.

I've never skied again.

Comment

• Hey Gonz,

Love Whistler. Go there if you ever get a chance. You won't be disappointed. Would go again this year but not with the Olympics in town.

I looked at Mammoth, because you gave it a good recomendation, but I don't sleep well at elevation. It shows about 8000 at the base for Mammoth, and Breckenridge didn't agree with me at 9600. Heavenly is about 6300. I just don't know where the magic number is as far as elevation goes. Did you hear that Heavenly has less than desirable snow these days?

Comment

Working...
                                X