Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
    Yeah, It will be two year in July. Ashore officer in charge jobs are four years and patrol boat officer in charge jobs are two. I spent four years in Burlington VT and then four years at Dauphin Island AL before this job. My next job will take me to 30 years in the Coast Guard and retirement.

We'll go back to Alabama and my pretty much middle of the road political views will make me a bleeding heart liberal... Ha!
    Congrats CGAL.
    ------------
    <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• Thanks, Drew. In my new job I'll be travelling to PC every once in a while. We'll have definitely have to get together for a beer or two.
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by YT View Post
        Now I know you're lying.

Riding MARTA is like having having colon surgery done through the ass without anesthesia
        OK, then, how 'bout since I found out what MARTA really stands for then?
        "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

Thanks, Drew. In my new job I'll be travelling to PC every once in a while. We'll have definitely have to get together for a beer or two.
          Abso-freakn-lutley!!!
          ------------

Comment

• After my father died I realized that I needed to get my weight and health under control. I decided that after the forum game I would get after it. On Sept 28th I started on a variation of a low carb diet, cut out the beer and started hitting the gym.

As of this morning I am down over 25 pounds, have lost over 5 inches around my gut, and my BP is 117/76 (down from 145/99)

Sadly I am still bald...
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Holy Shiite Muslem, but it's a sexy mofo bald!

25lbs? WOW! Concrats!
              ------------

Comment

• Good job CGVT.

GO LIONS "09" !!!!!!!!!
                GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Congrats all around CG. So will you retire in Alabama?
                  "And I'm a million different people from one day to the next..."

Comment

• Congrats CG! Sweee-eet. Is that a complete retirement, or will you retire from the CG and find a job elsewhere?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharkbait View Post
                      OK, then, how 'bout since I found out what MARTA really stands for then?
                      Heh!

Comment

• Originally posted by romster View Post
                        Congrats all around CG. So will you retire in Alabama?
                        Originally posted by bimmer84 View Post
                        Congrats CG! Sweee-eet. Is that a complete retirement, or will you retire from the CG and find a job elsewhere?
                        Thanks, all.

Right now the plan is to stay in Alabama until the two oldest get out of high school. No telling after that. We will have our roots down pretty well by then...

Not sure what I will do when I retire from the CG. I can't retire on my pension alone, especially with three kids to put through college. I will try to take advantage of my desk job and Coast Guard tuition assistance to finish my degree. I might try to teach. Mobile schools don't pay much and have a hard time keeping teachers, but I won't have to make a ton of money to suppliment my pension (yes, I'll still be stealing from ULF...) to maintain the same quality of life. My wife is a programmer, but hasn't worked outside the home since Will was born (12 years), but I may send her back to work. Ha!

Comment

After my father died I realized that I needed to get my weight and health under control. I decided that after the forum game I would get after it. On Sept 28th I started on a variation of a low carb diet, cut out the beer and started hitting the gym.

As of this morning I am down over 25 pounds, have lost over 5 inches around my gut, and my BP is 117/76 (down from 145/99)

Sadly I am still bald...
                          LOL! Congrats on the weight loss and BP improvement. Giving up beer though, so you're existing now, not living? :twisted:

Comment

• 2009 was the shittiest year for me in my entire life. I'll leave the details out since this is the make your day thread.

My Monte Carlo was not aging gracefully and like all GMs was designed to die shortly after the warranty expires. I've always wanted a 4WD and given that the contract work I do takes me to schools located in BFE I actually have a real need for one. I found one on Autotrader in the price range I wanted and made the deal yesterday.

It isn't perfect but hey my MC had either a transmission going or an intermittent engine issue so I think I came out even.:twisted:

This is one of the photos the dealer had. It needs a bath currently so I'll stick with this for now.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Looks sweet Timmy.

GO LIONS "09" !!!!!!!!!
                              GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Thanks bud. It has a lot of miles and a few issues to clear up but it runs great and I'm sure will last if I take care of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X