No announcement yet.

Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aww, thanks YT! I've hired movers for this one.
    #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Congrats Deb. When is moving day?
      "And I'm a million different people from one day to the next..."

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
        Closing on the sale of my house today. Still on schedule with everything else. Getting a little scared and stressed, but still believe it's meant to be.
        If you need some help with unloading the truck or anything else, drop me a PM. I have two young studs that will do whatever Dad asks as long as they have advance notice and are not already committed.
        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Mark that is a lovely offer, thank you so much! I've hired movers, though, and wouldn't get any discount for lightening their unload portion lol.

Rommy, hopefully moving the 4th/5th. I say hopefully because I'm nervous about the weather! It's been SOOO nice lately, figure we'll have our hundred-year blizzard on moving day lol.
          #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Deb, as long as you've hired movers, let me know if I can help carry anything really REALLY heavy!
            To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Maybe I missed this but what area are you moving too Deb?

GO LIONS "09" !!!!!!!!!
              GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• I'm buying a condo in Dearborn, DanO.
                #birdsarentreal

Comment

• My moving day was fun. The weeks leading up to it, not so much. I had a small place and not THAT much stuff but still, packing was a huge undertaking. But by moving day I had everything that wasn't a piece of furniture or a lamp or picture, in a box and all the boxes were labeled with what room they were to go in. I had 8 friends, 3 trucks, 1 trailer, 3 SUVs and 2 cars. We got almost everything in one load and when we got to the house they made me stay inside and tell them where to put the furniture and I ended up not unloading a thing. During this time the cable man showed up and had wiring to do. He was really cool and just blended into the chaos (I liked not having to go a day without cable...heh). Then right after the second load was brought in, the nastiest storm of the summer blew in. It was pitch black. One of my friends was putting contact paper down in the kitchen cabinets and pantry. There was activity everywhere. I had a good time watching my friends who didn't know each other chat each other up. The guys hooked up all my electronics and promptly started watching golf when the cable was hooked up.

I was up at 4:00 A.M. and called it a day around 5:00 P.M. (everyone had been long gone) and took the second best shower of my life (the first being the day I moved out of my parents house and into my first apartment, Jan. 20, 1989).

Comment

• Oh, and it was Aug. 22 in the south and among one of the hotter weeks of the summer.

Comment

• Aww great story, Rom. Sounds like you have some wonderful friends.

The cable company is coming that Saturday. Oh and....

I WILL HAVE THE NFL NETWORK!!!!!!!
                      #birdsarentreal

Comment

• LOL! That's fantastic.

Comment

• ".......and took the second best shower of my life (the first being the day I moved out of my parents house and into my first apartment, Jan. 20, 1989)."
                          ---------------------------------I can change that list for ya.

Congrats on the NFL Network Deb. You're in Malto's hood.

GO LIONS "09" !!!!!!!!!
                          GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Good luck to you on moving day, Deb.

Originally posted by romster View Post
                            ... and took the second best shower of my life (the first being the day I moved out of my parents house and into my first apartment, Jan. 20, 1989).
                            Those were two of my favorites as well.
                            ------------
                            <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• Rommy-- having great friends is such a blessing
                              If you keep shootin, you can turn any piece of meat into burger

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew View Post
                                Good luck to you on moving day, Deb.

Those were two of my favorites as well.
                                Anyone else find it strange that Drew has determined his favorite Romster showers?
                                To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

Working...
                                X