No announcement yet.

Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats Deb and SLF. I forget...did you guys end up resorting to burying religious icons in the panty drawer?
    "This is an empty signature. Because apparently carrying a quote from anyone in this space means you are obsessed with that person. "

Comment

• Congrats SLF.

LOL Mason.

GO LIONS "09" !!!!!!!!
      GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Congrats SLF and Deb!

Comment

• Wow, Slif, that's great news! Congratulations!!
          #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Congrats Deb and SLF!
            "And I'm a million different people from one day to the next..."

Comment

• I apologize in advance if this offends any one.......but it is really funny.

A few days ago we rented a large (15'x25') storage unit to a Filipino couple who are going back to Phillipines for a year. They want to store their vehicles and some of their home items inside.

Today they showed up and wanted to make sure that both vehicles fit inside. So after 45 minutes of watching them trying to jocky their vehicles in & out & trying to get them to as close to the side walls as possible and giving them directions and having them do the opposite of what I told them to do, they finally got their vehicles in.

and it's not like they have large vehicles...they have an Acura SUV and an older Toyota minivan.

We have another tenant that has a 67 Bel Air Station Wagon and a 76 Mercury Grand Marquis in a same size unit!

And the whole time every joke I have ever heard about bad Asian drivers kept running through my head.

Comment

• Originally posted by YT View Post
                I apologize in advance if this offends any one.......but it is really funny.

A few days ago we rented a large (15'x25') storage unit to a Filipino couple who are going back to Phillipines for a year. They want to store their vehicles and some of their home items inside.

Today they showed up and wanted to make sure that both vehicles fit inside. So after 45 minutes of watching them trying to jocky their vehicles in & out & trying to get them to as close to the side walls as possible and giving them directions and having them do the opposite of what I told them to do, they finally got their vehicles in.

and it's not like they have large vehicles...they have an Acura SUV and an older Toyota minivan.

We have another tenant that has a 67 Bel Air Station Wagon and a 76 Mercury Grand Marquis in a same size unit!

And the whole time every joke I have ever heard about bad Asian drivers kept running through my head.
                A recent study came out that indicates bad driving is hereditary.

American Asians fit in that study perfectly. This is not a racist assessment, this is a factual assessment from a former insurance agent dealing with a large book of asian drivers in a city with a high asian demograph.
                19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• So you're saying that those involved in accidents in a city with a lot of Asians are Asian? Who woulda thunk it?!
                  #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                    So you're saying that those involved in accidents in a city with a lot of Asians are Asian? Who woulda thunk it?!
                    They were not the majority of the demograph but they certainly were the majority of the clients advising us that they just got in an accident or received a ticket.
                    19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• LOL Deb!

Well.....the guy that ran the red light that my friend & I T-Boned was Asian. But he looked like a migrant Mexican.

Comment

• Saved a guys life today! Felt really good.(saving his life, not the guy. Although I didnt feel him up, so, maybe he woulda felt good two.)
                        Your right! Matty Boy will save us all!!

Comment

• Wow, good job, Miami! What happened?
                          #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Seriously Miami, do tell!

(and I believe stereotypes are not universally true, there is a reason they became stereotypes in the first place.)
                            To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• I got a new job. Basically a door to door salesperson. My partner and I(Gay, I know), knocked on a door and after about 10 seconds, were prepared to leave. Then, we heard a knocking on the window and a faint "come in". Now, I cant explain to you this guys condition over the computer, but this was an older gentleman and he was gasping for air. He asked us to go to his room and get his spare O2 tank. We did not realize the seriousness at first, so Oscar(my partner, again I know, GAY) kinda just moseyed down the hallway. I was talking to the guy and he was telling me "I......was....about to ..........call..........911" He was really struggling and had begun to cry. I noticed his arms were begining to get a bluish tint and it dawned on me. "Hey Oscar, you need to hurry!!!" I tried to calm the guy down. he was leaning forward and you could see the panic in his face. After the second attempt, Oscar figured out what the fuck he was looking for and we got the guy hooked up. He immediately took a deep breath and began to relax. He was crying and telling us the God had sent us to him. It really was a powerful moment. I wanted to cry with him. He is 90 years old and turned out to be quite a funny guy. He had a monitor on his finger that tells him his blood/O2 level. I dont know anything about it, but he told me that a normal person has a level of about 95. He was at 70. He had called his daughter and she was on her way but lived about 40 minutes from him. We sat with him for a while and she showed up about 20 minutes later. I dont know this but I dont think he woulda made another 20 minutes. All in all, I didnt really save his life, but it really was a feel good moment and I kinda bounced around the rest of the day.
                              Your right! Matty Boy will save us all!!

Comment

• That's pretty amazing, Miami. What a blessing that you guys were there!
                                #birdsarentreal

Comment

Working...
                                X