No announcement yet.

Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm thinking good thoughts for you, Slif! Have you tried a St. Joseph statue? Worked for my step mom!
    #birdsarentreal

Comment

• I've got two of those things buried and my house still never sold----back when it was for sale.

GO LIONS "09" !!!!!!!!!
      GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• She didn't get around to burying hers, just threw it in her underwear drawer.

Hmmmm.
        #birdsarentreal

Comment

• LOL. I'll have to remember that for next time. St Joseph likes woman's underwear.

GO LIONS "09" !!!!!!!!!
          GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• it worked, YT bought her underwear at over market price.........
            The only logical explanation is:
            I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• Condolences Deb.

I understand the move in order to increase your chances to switch jobs. I find it unfortunate that you have to move from heaven to hell in order to do it.

(I know, not all places in Metro Detroit are hell holes, but those of us that live in the Metro Area are branded as Detroiters and thus part of the problem of a City that has no integrity or leadership......that is changing however and your presence would help destroy the myth that there are no good people in Detroit)
              I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• welcome back Deb !

Comment

• Yup deb. But I think my sister in law bought
                  it at a kitschy place. I think I might swing by the cathedral gift shop and get a real one!
                  To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                    I have seen bus drivers on their cell while driving and I think they should not be allowed to carry on personal conversations while driving.

When they are driving their own vehicle, that is different but when they are driving a public vehicle and carrying passengers, cell phone conversations should be banned!
                    Most transit systems have a policy against driver talking on cell phones while in the seat driving.

Several systems have taken the step of implementing policy that no cell phones are to be in a drivers possession while on duty.

Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                    Yes.

Talking on a CB requires you to talk into a mic and listen on a speaker.

Talking on a cell requires you to have the phone to your ear constantly which means it is not available in case you need to make a quick move on the steering wheel.

I have no problem with hands free talking on the cell.

I have major problems with one hand on the ear and one hand left to drive.

I have even more problems with texting.....

Try to text someone on your phone and tell me it can be done while driving with no problems.....
                    My sis, 2 cousins & I were in a serious accident when we were teeanges. A trucker was talking on his CB and rear-ended us as we were at a dead stop waiting for traffic to clear on a major highway.

Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                    Looks like I'm moving back to the Detroit area. I put my house up for sale and got a good offer a WEEK later! So I now have a signed purchase agreement for my house and I just found out that my offer on a condo there was accepted and signed!

All of the appraisals and financing still needs to go through, but assuming it does, I should live down there by Christmas!!

I'm really excited, but also a little sad to be leaving such a beautiful area. But I expect to visit often as my Mom still has a summer place here.
                    Congrats Deb! Hope things work out for you.

Originally posted by Deacon Blues View Post
                    it worked, YT bought her underwear at over market price.........
                    And it was well worth it. I even paid the salas lady to wear them before I bought them. I wanted them to have that "fishy" smell.

Comment

• we will have to try and do lunch before you go .......here's to all the happiness that life will give you Deb... you will make it work cuz you're Deb
                      If you keep shootin, you can turn any piece of meat into burger

Comment

• Awww thanks, Dale!!

Hey, I was up in your neck of the woods a week or so ago...at the Ramsdell Theater. It was very nice...and the play (Barefoot in the Park) was hilarious and well done.
                        #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Congrats Deb....hope things work out well with your new move.
                          AAL:to be determined

2011 NFL Draft Wish List:

1. Patrick Peterson Cornerback LSU
                          2. Mark Herzlich Outside Linebacker Boston College
                          3. John Moffitt Center Wisconsin
                          4. Steve Schilling Guard Michigan
                          5. Jeremy Kerley Wide Receiver TCU
                          6. Carl Johnson Tackle Florida
                          7. Johnny Patrick Cornerback Louisville

Comment

• Originally posted by YT View Post
                            Most transit systems have a policy against driver talking on cell phones while in the seat driving.

Several systems have taken the step of implementing policy that no cell phones are to be in a drivers possession while on duty.

Hmmmm.

I understand what you are saying.

How do I find out if that policy is in effect for ....used to be SEMTA.....now is a combined SEMTA and DDot?

....in other words....where do I look for the rules in my hood so I can report the numerous violations I believe I see.
                            I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                              Hmmmm.

I understand what you are saying.

How do I find out if that policy is in effect for ....used to be SEMTA.....now is a combined SEMTA and DDot?

....in other words....where do I look for the rules in my hood so I can report the numerous violations I believe I see.
                              Here is the SEMTA website...

I've looked through the Policies & Procedures menu and there is nothing there to address cell phone usage by operators.

You could email in a complaint (on-line form) or call (866) 962-5515

Steve Brown is the SMART Interim General Manager. You could email him. His email address is probably sbrown@smartbus.org

Their Administrative Office is at...

Buhl Building
                              535 Griswold Street Suite 600
                              Detroit, MI 48226

Ask for a copy of the written rule regarding cell phone usage.

If you need any other assistance, don't hesitate to give me a yell

Comment

• [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCHdZxO4_tQ"]YouTube - Bus Driver Texting Crash. (UNEDITED & UNCENSORED VIDEO)[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                                X