No announcement yet.

Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy birthday to the master of the mac and cheese assault: jaadam!

Hope it's a great day! I think there are some fireworks shows in your honor tomorrow...
    #birdsarentreal

Comment

• ditto with that..... Deb the shoulder was unreal, woulda been worth the ride.. I will do some for the fishin trip, you will show for that won't you?
      If you keep shootin, you can turn any piece of meat into burger

Comment

• Hard to beat top quality meats -G-

A buddy of mine works for US Foods - when I was living in CT usually every other month he'd get his hands on stuff that "fell off the truck". Individually cryovac'd steaks, hamburger, and lamb racks were a few things. Had some of the best Rib Eye steak I've ever had from him.
        Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by THE STEE View Post
          ditto with that..... Deb the shoulder was unreal, woulda been worth the ride.. I will do some for the fishin trip, you will show for that won't you?
          Sounds yummy, Dale. I'll try to make it.
          #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by GONZ View Post
            Getting nearly 8 pounds of thick cut top shelf aged rib eye steaks (+ steak seasoning for all of them) that would normally have a price of $76.02 out on the rack for about $21 + tax out the door.

The Butcher was like, "they told me to make deals with this stuff so here you go". This is how my buddies and I eat. After he handed me the seasoned steaks, he said, "only let your good friends have those rib eyes."

Like I didn't know.

I rushed home and threw one down on the grill. No doubt, some of the best steak I have ever grilled for myself.

Got a $10 off next $35 purchase of same brand of beef coupon at checkout and the butcher who was apparently very chummy with the female assistent manager checking me said to come back in a couple of days and he would cut up some more the same way. Now I'm talking getting $76 bucks worth of steaks for about $11 bucks.

You can always use a good steak. At least I can.

SOLD!

You need 5 types of professional friends close to you in life:

1) Doctor
            2) Lawyer
            3) Mechanic
            4) Butcher
            5) Insurance Agent

Mix how you wish, that's it.
            Don't forget cop. They can be quite helpful. Great deal on the steaks. Ribeyes are basically the only steak we get. That doesn't mean I don't like T-bones, tenderloins and NY Strips, but when it comes to spending the money for beef, grilled REs are what makes me proud to be a carnivore.
            ------------
            <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• Id replace insurance agent with contractor. But I agree with the lawyer bit
              To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Good deal Gonz! Congrats.

HB JDam!

As a THANK YOU to my in-laws for all they've done for us the last year, I bought them 2 porterhouses 2" thick. Got them special cut by the butcher and got a good deal on them (not as good as Gonz' though). We'll take them tomorrow when we go visit for the 4th.

Comment

• Happy birthday, SnowMeiser! Guess maybe the fireworks weren't just for jaadam afterall? Hope it's a great day, Les.
                  #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by YT View Post
                    Good deal Gonz! Congrats.

HB JDam!

As a THANK YOU to my in-laws for all they've done for us the last year, I bought them 2 porterhouses 2" thick. Got them special cut by the butcher and got a good deal on them (not as good as Gonz' though). We'll take them tomorrow when we go visit for the 4th.

they ended up being right around 32 oz. each right? we did that one year for our annual trip to M.I.S. told the butcher to cut em as thick as he can, those things were huge and TASTY with some montreal steak seasoning.
                    "Low on the totem, till he showed 'em defiance, giant scrotum"

Comment

• HBD jaadam and SnowMeiser.

GO LIONS "09" !!!!!!!!!
                      GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• I made a full pot of Mac and Cheese in honor of Jaadams birthday yesterday. Ate it all myself, too.

HB to you too, Snow. I drank a beer in your honor. (OK, maybe it was more than one but, you get what I am saying)
                        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Happy Belated B-day to JA and SNOW
                          19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Ditto!
                            "And I'm a million different people from one day to the next..."

Comment

• Took my ship out on a "dependent's cruise" last night to watch the fire works. Had my crew and their families and friends on board. The seas were FAC (flat ass calm) and it was a beautiful night. We dropped the hook of the beach at Wildwood and had a great seat for a very impressive fireworks display.
                              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Sounds fun CG! Glad my tax dollars can give you and you're family a great time!!!;-)
                                Your right! Matty Boy will save us all!!

Comment

Working...
                                X