No announcement yet.

Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This weekend when I went to the U.P., my daughter was there with the 4 grandkiddies. The youngest, Karma 8 months or so, won't let anyone hold her except Mon & Dad. So, I walked into their hotel room and low and behold, she let me hold her. My daughter was shocked, and I don't know who had the biggest smile, me or Karma. Then, later, Teresa got to hold her as well, but none of my 3 sisters or my brother could hold her without the big scream. Wierd. Pictures to follow.
    "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• Cool experience Sharkbait! It is nice to be on the right side of that equation

Comment

• The shortstop on my younger son's baseball team got drafted yesterday by the Phillies in the 23rd round. He is a great, great kid and was a 1st Team All-American. That made my day.
        It's so flat you can watch your dog run away for three days.

Comment

• Very cool, Kansas! But, 23rd round?!?!
          #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Good deal
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• That's actually really good for baseball. They have 50 rounds. So it's basically like getting drafted in the 3rd round in football.

Comment

• Another kid I know, Darin Ruf from Creighton University, went in the 20th round, also to the Phillies.

Comment

• 50 rounds?! Wow!
                  #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Why is it that a sport that only puts 9 players on the field has 50 rounds, but the sport that has 24 regular starters, not to mention 2nd stringers that play regularly only have 7? Strange!!
                    Your right! Matty Boy will save us all!!

Comment

• A pitcher that played with my younger son just got picked in the 37th round. Gonna be a Mariner. This is so cool. There's been about 5 kids I know personally who have been drafted so far.

And we're only in the 38th round!

Comment

• Originally posted by MiamiTreo3 View Post
                        Why is it that a sport that only puts 9 players on the field has 50 rounds, but the sport that has 24 regular starters, not to mention 2nd stringers that play regularly only have 7? Strange!!
                        many of them get drafted out of high school, never sign and go to college.
                        Forever One!

Comment

• Plus they draft for all five(?) levels of pro ball.
                          To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• There's actually more than that.

Majors
                            Triple-A
                            Double-A
                            Single-A
                            Single-A Advanced
                            Rookie League
                            Winter League

Comment

• You forgot Bush league.
                              19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• There's also the independent (pro) and semi-pro leagues. The NFL has no "grooming" leagues except for college. Therefore, the MLB draft has lots and lots more rounds.

Comment

Working...
                                X