No announcement yet.

Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lol, sometimes I am a little slow.............
    If you keep shootin, you can turn any piece of meat into burger

Comment

• Cool that you get to rehab during March Madness. Oh and hey, since you like NASCAR so much, the Bristol race is tomorrow. That's often a fun race to watch.
      "And I'm a million different people from one day to the next..."

Comment

• Percocet makes me sleepy and I get very sick. I just take Mortrin and deal with the pain.

The first week of March, my thumb suddenly swelled up and felt like someone was beating it with a hammer. Turns out, I had a very bad infection, that also caused some gangrene.

I've had two surgeries this month to drain the infection. The final wick gets pulled on Tuesday. I have no skin on my thumb above the knuckle. The pain has been a constant, never ending throbbing (especially when my hand gets lower than my heart) and the slightest bump feels like a nail being driven through my thumb!

When they pulled off the dead skin was the worst. My wife ended up fainting in the Doctors office!

I can't wait until Tuesday! Try doing things without using your thumb! I've been pretty much useless this month. :(
        Dopeler Effect: The Tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly. - Author unknown

Comment

• Geez SHO, that's a tough one too. I hope you rid yourself of the infection soon.

Are we all getting old and broken down?

Comment

• Ummmmm No thanks SHO. That sounds awful.

GO LIONS "09" !!!!!!!!!
            GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by romster View Post
              Cool that you get to rehab during March Madness. Oh and hey, since you like NASCAR so much, the Bristol race is tomorrow. That's often a fun race to watch.
              Heh. I don't think I'll have to stop that low. Along with the tournament I have four episodes of Life on Mars to catch up on

Originally posted by bimmer84 View Post

I don't know about the rest of you, but when I had to stop running last year, if sure feltas if I got old all of a sudden...
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Me too CG, me too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stone Hawk One View Post
                  Percocet makes me sleepy and I get very sick. I just take Mortrin and deal with the pain.

The first week of March, my thumb suddenly swelled up and felt like someone was beating it with a hammer. Turns out, I had a very bad infection, that also caused some gangrene.

I've had two surgeries this month to drain the infection. The final wick gets pulled on Tuesday. I have no skin on my thumb above the knuckle. The pain has been a constant, never ending throbbing (especially when my hand gets lower than my heart) and the slightest bump feels like a nail being driven through my thumb!

When they pulled off the dead skin was the worst. My wife ended up fainting in the Doctors office!

I can't wait until Tuesday! Try doing things without using your thumb! I've been pretty much useless this month. :(
                  That sounds really bad, SHO. It also sounds like it could be worse, too! I'm glad you got it taken care of.

What was Peyton Manning's knee thing...was it something like that? Thought he had an infection in it also...
                  #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by bimmer84 View Post
                    My ex husband has this terrible habit of saying whatever he thinks, without any filter whatsoever. I saw him recently for the first time in a long time. He said "Wow, good to see I'm not the only one getting old."

So, Bim, evidently the answer for me is YES. :(
                    #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Geez SHO, that's a tough one too. I hope you rid yourself of the infection soon.

The topper is, that I had a similar infection last November that abscessed in the crack of my ass!!!!!! That one was painful to the point where, I could not sit, stand or walk without pain.

And of course there was the embarrassment factor!!!! Imagine being bent over a table pants at your ankles and three women focused on your backside...one of them holding a knife!!!! :(

My wife was changing the bandages for three weeks!
                      Dopeler Effect: The Tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly. - Author unknown

Comment

• What was Peyton Manning's knee thing

I think it was Brady's knee. and yes I believe it was similar to what I got.

That sounds really bad, SHO. It also sounds like it could be worse, too! I'm glad you got it taken care of.

I'm on some really strong antibiotics that should cleanse out everything in my system.

The concern now is if the infection got into my bones. Then your talking 6 weeks of an antibiotic drip. And that would be no fun. :(

Comment

• I didn't realize Brady had a similar thing. Manning did also, it was a staph infection I guess.

Indianapolis Colts quarterback Peyton Manning had a staph infection this offseason which caused doctors to have to operate on his knee a second time this offseason, according to a report in Friday's Indianapolis Star.

Geeze, hope you caught it before it got into the bones!!
                          #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                            My ex husband has this terrible habit of saying whatever he thinks, without any filter whatsoever. I saw him recently for the first time in a long time. He said "Wow, good to see I'm not the only one getting old."

So, Bim, evidently the answer for me is YES. :(
                            You should have said, "Apparently your eyes are going as well".

Don't you love those types that just let whatever is in their head roll out through their mouth?

Comment

• Deb, you are aging like a fine wine...
                              To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by Stone Hawk One View Post
                                Percocet makes me sleepy and I get very sick. I just take Mortrin and deal with the pain.
                                If Motrin works for you, great. Try eating about 30-45 min. efore taking any meds. It gives a little time for the food to settle and you dont have an empty stomach. I used to get nauseous from taking oxycontins and that seemed to help.
                                Your right! Matty Boy will save us all!!

Comment

Working...
                                X