No announcement yet.

Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your lil one sounds like a gem, DanO. You should be very proud of her and yourself. Oh btw, congrats on the truck.
    Last edited by -Oz-; November 19, 2008, 05:43 AM.
    "You got champagne taste but you only have beer money. That's not gooood!" Herm Edwards.

Comment

• Good luck YT. Malto, thats sweet news man. Your mom draws great strength thru your love and support. Well done.
      "You got champagne taste but you only have beer money. That's not gooood!" Herm Edwards.

Comment

• How's married life treating you Steve? I saw your pictures, is your wife greek as well?
        The only thing missing from that Marvin Jones touchdown reversal is that it wasn't a first round playoff game.

Comment

• Married life is good, Dave. She's a great gal who makes me very happy....and yes, she's Greek and OLDER than me! Gotta love the cougars.

Comment

• DanO

You da man (da father, da shiznit)

Nice parenting

Kudos
            19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• danO-- shes' just showin the love you give her.........
              If you keep shootin, you can turn any piece of meat into burger

Comment

• Thanks everyone. Those type of moments make one very proud to be a parent.

GO LIONS "08" !!!!!!!!
                GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Thanks Oz. I gotta agree. With the stress that was put on them and the way they got support and care, I think it changed both Mom and Dads perspective on how much they are appreciated and valued by their offspring. (Gotta admit though, moving 1900 miles away from your family does put a crimp into regular visits).
                  I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Well Gang,

I'm not really sure what kind of good vibes you all are sending out but it seems to be working.

I had a phone interview yesterday with a headhunter. He's recruiting for a new bio-fuels company headquartered in Texas and they are opening up a new refinery about 1 1/2 hours north of Fresno. Long story short, he's passing my resume on to them and is trying to set up an interview before Turkey day.

I also have a face-to-face interview tomorrow morning with another headhunter for a different company. This job is in Fresno and is a manufacturing safety job.

I could tell when we started to talk today that he was just going through the motions of making contact with me but I basically convinced him we needed to interview face-to-face.

I also got an email this morning from a headhunting company asking me if I was interested in coming back to the refinery field. Two sticking point are

1) we'd have to relocate...AGAIN!

2) The job is located in Toledo Oh.

I haven't replied back yet. I'll wait until after my interview tomorrow to see if this is a job we'd even be interested in.

Comment

• Thats great news YT. Good luck in getting the job that best suits you.

Comment

• Toodle Le Do is not so bad, YT other than the harsh rust belt winters and the possibility of becoming a Buckeye fan. Additionally, you would only be an hour away from a Lions game. Wait.......that might be another negative.
                        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• LOL,Mark. Good luck YT!
                          "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• Originally posted by -Oz- View Post
                            Thats great news YT. Good luck in getting a suit that fits you.
                            FIFY Oz...
                            To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Look at YT go.
                              "And I'm a million different people from one day to the next..."

Comment

• Thanks Y'all!

SLF, BITE ME!!!! (I have several suits that fit me! :-P I shop at Omar's Tent and Awning and they always have suits that fit us "jolly" fellows 8-) )

Went and did the interview today. The interview took all of 1o minutes. It took me longer to shave than do the interview. The interviewer was this 22 y.o clean faced kid, who obviously wasn't used to potential candidates showing up in a suit and tie.

Comment

Working...
                                X