• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry about your flow Mr. Marko.
    19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Thanks guys.

One way or another, we will survive.
      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• That sucks, Mark. Hang in there mate.

Congrats to you Sharkie! Nice family you have there.
        "You got champagne taste but you only have beer money. That's not gooood!" Herm Edwards.

Comment

• have enjoyed the past three weeks doing rehab on the shoulder. It is feeling like it is normal but I am not pushing it real hard, doing alot of stretching, light weights and finding time for the treadmill.. lost four pounds but if i look hard enough I think I might find them... other than that life is good, me and mrs. stee celebrated thirty years of marrital bliss and hopefully thirty more...
          If you keep shootin, you can turn any piece of meat into burger

Comment

• Glad to hear your rehab is going well, Dale, and congrats on the anniversary.
            Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Van Dusen View Post
              Glad to hear your rehab is going well, Dale, and congrats on the anniversary.
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Congrats on the rehab and the anniversary Stee. I am thinking we ought to award Mrs. Stee a Fourm Medal of Valor.:D
                I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• lol Mark

Congratulations, Dale!
                  #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by bimmer84 View Post
                    I do too. That stinks.
                    I agree. It's hard to sell stinky flowers.

I know what you mean Mark. We even have grocery stores that have floral departments. That's the main reason I don't like Walmart. They put so many small businesses out. We've lost Pet stores, Hardware stores, Tire shops, Photo shops, grocery stores, Drug Stores, and too many more to even list. We may as well turn our downtown area into the worlds largest Bocce court, until Walmart finds some land and builds a bigger one.

Being a small business owner these days has to be really tough. I know, I've been there. Just don't worry too much and let it get to you, less you end up looking like Marinelli. Just keep your customer base happy with great friendly service and things will work out, they always do.

Comment

• I guess I'm surprised there is that big of a dent just from those stores having flowers. When I send flowers, I want them arranged and delivered. Something WalMart can't do. If I buy flowers at WalMart, it's as an impulse purchase that I wouldn't have made at my florist anyways.
                      #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                        I guess I'm surprised there is that big of a dent just from those stores having flowers. When I send flowers, I want them arranged and delivered. Something WalMart can't do. If I buy flowers at WalMart, it's as an impulse purchase that I wouldn't have made at my florist anyways.
                        I agree Deb, but I think where stores sell a lot of flowers is on flower type of holidays. Valentines Day, Mothers Day, etc. Those seem to me to be the times where people just pick them up to deliver them in person. I'm sure Wedding, funeral, hospital, etc arrangements aren't affected as much.

Comment

• I suppose you're right.
                          #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                            I suppose you're right.
                            Thanks Deb, that's something I haven't heard anyone say since the 60's.

Comment

• Originally posted by yooperman View Post
                              I agree Deb, but I think where stores sell a lot of flowers is on flower type of holidays. Valentines Day, Mothers Day, etc. Those seem to me to be the times where people just pick them up to deliver them in person. I'm sure Wedding, funeral, hospital, etc arrangements aren't affected as much.
                              Only because they are too cheap/thoughtless to pay for the arrangement on those days.
                              To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• BTW, I got married in the 60's so that may be the reason.

Comment

Working...
                                X