No announcement yet.

Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great story bill and I'm glad an honest person found her wallet. I've lost mine several times and have only had it returned once and thhe money was all gone. I have found several wallets as well as someone's business portfolio and I've always gone out of my way to find the rightfull owner and return the items exactly as I've found them. I know how distrssing it is to lose personal information and money. Speaking of money some kids stole $300.00 out of my truck last Wednesday night/Thursday morning. I think they also got my son's DS because I can't find it around the house and I'm thinking he left it in the truck.

GO LIONS "08" !!!!!!!!
    GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Hmmmmm. Kids in your hood going through vehicles? I am guessing the Cops already have an idea who it could be but need to catch them in the act or with identifiable stolen property. Any reports of home invasions in the hood lately?

What is a DS?
      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• It's a hand held Nintendo game.

Yes the police told me these kids will go into houses when people aren't home and take shit in broad daylight. My neighbor had a digital camera stole from his car the same night and an Ipod was stole from another vehicle in our sub some time ago. Another neighbor said they also went into his garage and rifled through his vehicles during the day while they were at home. Pretty bold little bastards.

GO LIONS "08" !!!!!!!!
        GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Ah, I see the kids are in training.
          LionsWhoppeeCushion I'm surrounded with a strange sound after beer, burritos and watching another Lions game.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
            It's a hand held Nintendo game.

Yes the police told me these kids will go into houses when people aren't home and take shit in broad daylight. My neighbor had a digital camera stole from his car the same night and an Ipod was stole from another vehicle in our sub some time ago. Another neighbor said they also went into his garage and rifled through his vehicles during the day while they were at home. Pretty bold little bastards.

GO LIONS "08" !!!!!!!!
            Time to advertise your alarm system manufactured by Smith and Wesson.

Also, for about 300 bucks you can hook up a series of web cams that are motion activated that if properly placed, will give evidence should they decide to stroll through your house when you are not home.

Until these guys are caught and put away for a bit, the incidents will continue and increase in boldness. We had a similar problem in my hood and the cops finally caught them in the act because they began to feel invincible but their MO put them in a predictable position to get caught.

Actually, your doggie will keep them out of the house as a rule.
            I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Bad news; Tigers getting their butts handed to them. 9 to 1 ninth inning.
              LionsWhoppeeCushion I'm surrounded with a strange sound after beer, burritos and watching another Lions game.

Comment

• I do leave the house open during the day if I'm going to the store or to the beach with the kids for a couple hours. Looks like I'm going to have to change that. I do have the dog who barks but wouldn't really hurt a flee. Still the barking is a deterrent.

GO LIONS "08" !!!!!!!!
                GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Bill, that is a great story. Good to see that there are some honest people out there
                  Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• DanO's playing around again.

Comment

• Great story on the lost wallet Bill...

Just goes to show that this person at the Exxon thinks more of others than himself.

Great feel good story.
                      Come take a look at

< The New Lions GM!

Comment

• my daughter and I were at disney, sat in a ride and there was a fanny pack --opened it up there was 1500 bucks, disney passes and two drivers license. I went to a guy and asked for security and he called and two dudes come out of nowhere. I asked them to show me their id's then showed them what we found, and asked them to find the owners so they would have a great vacation.. we checked back two hours later and they said the guy and his wife cried when they got it back... pay it forward it will come back ten fold....
                        If you keep shootin, you can turn any piece of meat into burger

Comment

• That's wonderful Stee. Guess there are still caring people in this world.

Hell I would have kissed you if you didn't have that Venison Breath.

Comment

• How come the only way to get that "Smiles" option is if you include a quote in your post? Or am I doing something wrong-as usual.

Comment

• Originally posted by LWC View Post
                              How come the only way to get that "Smiles" option is if you include a quote in your post? Or am I doing something wrong-as usual.
                              Are you using the "post reply" button or quick reply box?
                              I'm not to blame.

I voted for the other guy!

Nov. 2008

Comment

• Well done STEE.

When we first arrived in Vegas, we took a shuttle to our hotel. Lo and behold, my wife forgets her bag behind the drivers seat. We had our passports, some cash, holiday itenary and our travel vouchers in there. Anyway, I took off after the driver but couldnt catch him and I watch, as he passes the security gate and drives away. Slow motion I tell you. I get to the gate panting and explain the situation. Lucklily I remembered the shuttle company and after a few calls they were able to eventually track the driver down, with the bag safely in his possesion. The hotel security were very accomadating and helpful. I was stressed and they made sure I was comfortable in their air conditioned office. They offered me a cold drink and I sat and waited as they were tracking this guy down, listening to all the conversations on loudspeaker. When the driver arrived, I tipped him $50 and $100 each to the 2 security guys. In the meantime my wife is in the hotel lobby not knowing a thing and Ill never forget the look on her face as I walked up towards her with her bag in my hand. Priceless.

Straight off the plane and that was our first experience on american soil.
                                "You got champagne taste but you only have beer money. That's not gooood!" Herm Edwards.

Comment

Working...
                                X