No announcement yet.

Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The US team did make it to the quarters where they got expectedly handled by the Australians 18-0

Next game is Saturday morning 9am against Ireland. They are playing in a 4-team bracket to determine places 5-8.

Here are the brackets:

Here are the world rankings. US was ranked 19th, so finishing in top-8 seems like a good result

Information about the World Rugby women's and men's rankings

Comment

• Opening ceremonies were awesome. I enjoyed the running narrative of the mystery runner as a cool way to tie everything together. The Olympic torch being a balloon flying high above Paris has got to be one of the great Olympic torch ideas. You can probably see the torch from anywhere in Paris.

BTW, Snoop Dogg makes everything better. I'm looking forward to seeing more of him. Oh, and he's a legit good volleyball player.

Comment

• Bit shocked at those men’s rankings there, El Axe, …… Scotland being above Australia & Wales??
        Didn’t realise they were getting back to being pretty good again.
        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
          Bit shocked at those men’s rankings there, El Axe, …… Scotland being above Australia & Wales??
          Didn’t realise they were getting back to being pretty good again.
          I'm new to rugby fandom. It looks like the rankings are a little skewed. Fiji has won the last 2 golds and looks like a favorite, but they're only ranked 10th.

I know in other sports I follow that rankings can be skewed by where a team is located and able to play.

Comment

• Starting an Olympics thread, because "Merica dammit! 😉
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Robot driver: Hello you're in a Johnny Cab
              Ruskies: take us to Ukraine
              Robot driver: Okay that will be $87.50
              Ruskies: screw you we're not paying
              Robot driver: AHHHHHHHH KABOOM!

The Toyota Mirai hydrogen fuel cell electric vehicle has hardly been an international sales success, thanks to poor hydrogen infrastructure, expense, and polarizing design, but it proved successful to Ukrainian forces which scavenged parts from the hydrogen car to create the world’s smallest hydrogen bomb.
              "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• 😯
                #birdsarentreal

Comment

• FB_IMG_1724273944745.jpg
                  #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Annnnnd....that's a wrap.

Resized_20240912_110548_1726153564396.jpg
                    "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Congrats. Enjoy 😀

Comment

• Happy for you!!
                        #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Congrats!
                          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Enjoy!

Comment

• congratulations!!
                              "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

Working...
                              X