Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
    I know this. That is why I specifically wrote "carry on." I routinely fly for my job and I use a carry on all the time to avoid checking a bag and the increased chance of lost luggage.
    I fly almost every week for the past 6 years. I *always* check my luggage. And during that time, my luggage has never been lost.

The last time my luggage was "lost" was about 10 years ago. I was in Philly, and I had to use curb check to avoid a line. But didn't have any cash to tip the guy. I knew as I walked away that I wouldn't be seeing that bag again for a few days. And so it was.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Van Dusen View Post
      Air travelers will soon be able to use their tablets and other electronic devices from gate to gate, the Federal Aviation Administration announced Thursday.
      Finally! And it looks like it finally makes sense for me to buy an eReader.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
        gee frank, stretch a meaning much? Not one bit of my post took delight in the agent being killed. It was bitterly sarcastic though as to the efficacy of a pocket knife as a self defense weapon.
        I dont think any of us ever said we desired our knifes for self protection. Many people, like Malto for example, use a knife for everyday work in whatever they have to do. It becomes force of habit to know you have it, and limits the time looking for something with an edge when you need one. For decades, even centuries, people have carried knives everywhere they went to complete a task.

Now, it is frowned upon to carry a blade of any sort, and people make you feel like a criminal for doing so.
        AAL:to be determined

2011 NFL Draft Wish List:

1. Patrick Peterson Cornerback LSU
        2. Mark Herzlich Outside Linebacker Boston College
        3. John Moffitt Center Wisconsin
        4. Steve Schilling Guard Michigan
        5. Jeremy Kerley Wide Receiver TCU
        6. Carl Johnson Tackle Florida
        7. Johnny Patrick Cornerback Louisville

Comment

• I dont think any of us ever said we desired our knifes for self protection.
          gonz did

All fine and dandy. I just want to know when they are going to green light the already approved carry on of pocket knives. I don't like traveling in strange cities w/o some protection for myself (and my girls when they travel with me 1 out of 10 times).
          Last edited by Tony G; November 1, 2013, 04:14 PM.
          Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Originally posted by Islair View Post
            I dont think any of us ever said we desired our knifes for self protection. Many people, like Malto for example, use a knife for everyday work in whatever they have to do. It becomes force of habit to know you have it, and limits the time looking for something with an edge when you need one. For decades, even centuries, people have carried knives everywhere they went to complete a task.

Now, it is frowned upon to carry a blade of any sort, and people make you feel like a criminal for doing so.
            I don't have a problem with people carrying pocket knives. I do have a problem with them taking them on airplanes, though.

BTW, I lost a really nice ($$) cigar cutter when I had it in my pocket when I got to security once. It sucked, but it was my fault for having it in my pocket.
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• BTW, I lost a really nice ($$) cigar cutter when I had it in my pocket when I got to security once. It sucked, but it was my fault for having it in my pocket.
              WTF you gonna do with a cigar cutter? Cut the pilot's thumbs off? Geezus.

Had finger nail clippers taken from me one time. I never carry them with me, but before my flight I was trimming the nails and absentmindedly put them in my pocket. I guess they thought I might force my way into the cockpit and give him a manicure or something.
              It's so flat you can watch your dog run away for three days.

Comment

• WTF you gonna do with a cigar cutter? Cut the pilot's thumbs off? Geezus.
                I could pull it apart and slit your throat with it.

I guillotine cutter isn't much different that a box cutter as far as the blade goes.
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Oh. Well.............never mind then.
                  It's so flat you can watch your dog run away for three days.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
                    gee frank, stretch a meaning much? Not one bit of my post took delight in the agent being killed. It was bitterly sarcastic though as to the efficacy of a pocket knife as a self defense weapon.
                    So then you are espousing that people that wear camouflage into an airport might have an ulterior motive?
                    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                      So then you are espousing that people that wear camouflage into an airport might have an ulterior motive?
                      They probably would have been able to stop him if they could see him...

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                        what????
                        Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• I assumed that was a joke. No?

Comment

• I've been carrying a knife on me every day since high school.

When I fly I carry my 100% ceramic lock blade with me. Never been stopped & frisked nor has TSA ever found it. ( I usually have it next to my gerbil). Since it is expensive I only carry it during flights as protection.

I also carry ball point pens....they are good stabbing instruments too.

Went to the local fair a couple of weeks and carried in 2 knives.....in my shoes. Security "wanded" me and came nowhere near my feet. But what do you expect for $8.00 a hour security guards?

Comment

• Are knives good protection? Useless in a gun situation and way to much escalation in a fist fight scenario (and legally you'll be screwed if you pull the knife too). Maybe if someone pulls a knife first? (which just doesn't sound like a realistic scenario... whens the last time you heard of a knife fight not including the jets and the sharks?) And the legal hassle of getting caught with a knife in the wrong place seems to me to more then out weight any reason to have one on you. Anyhow, just my opinion.
                              Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• ^

envisioning girl slap type fighter, if at all

Blades up to a certain length are legal almost anywhere.

19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

Working...
                                X