No announcement yet.

Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We have Highland Spring? You could get some of that dodgy looking Irish spring shit and wash in highland spring? Sorted.

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9D3LvR4jSps[/ame]
    "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• So glad Alex is OK, Mark. I had a similar experience, although not quite the same as it wasn't one of my children. My brother and nephew were on their way down to UM for orientation. My nephew was driving , drifted toward the right lane and when he realized he was about to sideswipe a car, he over adjusted. They rolled several times into a ditch somewhere near Grayling. I was waiting for them to arrive. They were late. Got a phone call. Scared the shit out of me..............My nephew had very minor injuries. Walked away. My brother had a broken collar bone and a few other none vital injuries. Car was totaled. When I saw pictures of the car, I was AMAZED they walked away from it with minimal injuries. They had told me as much but actually seeing it adds a tangible aspect.
      GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
        We have Highland Spring? You could get some of that dodgy looking Irish spring shit and wash in highland spring? Sorted.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9D3LvR4jSps
        Great, water that tastes like mole'asses.
        Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Oh no, definitely not. Ice cold HS, is the dugs nuts.

But I tell you what......, if any of you visit......, go to Torridon. There is a natural spring/pool/stream area that comes down from the mountains. Amazing early morning face splash and drink. Very invigorating
          "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by THE STEE View Post
            throw him a lucky to be alive party and don't try and dwell on what could have been.. life is so fleeting at times we all take it for granted... prayers out and a big hug
            Thanks Bro. Good advice. Will do.

Originally posted by LionsFanInJapan View Post
            Wow Mark, I just saw this. Can't add anything that others haven't said, but I am glad he's ok.
            Originally posted by Sharkbait View Post
            That's too close to home, buddy. Glad all turned out well for your son.
            Originally posted by Kansas View Post
            That's crazy, Mark. I'm so glad everything turned out OK.
            Thanks guys.

Originally posted by DanO View Post
            So glad Alex is OK, Mark. I had a similar experience, although not quite the same as it wasn't one of my children. My brother and nephew were on their way down to UM for orientation. My nephew was driving , drifted toward the right lane and when he realized he was about to sideswipe a car, he over adjusted. They rolled several times into a ditch somewhere near Grayling. I was waiting for them to arrive. They were late. Got a phone call. Scared the shit out of me..............My nephew had very minor injuries. Walked away. My brother had a broken collar bone and a few other none vital injuries. Car was totaled. When I saw pictures of the car, I was AMAZED they walked away from it with minimal injuries. They had told me as much but actually seeing it adds a tangible aspect.
            Thanks DanO. I am heading over now to get it out of the towing lot. I will post pictures.

I am still having a problem keeping my emotions under control. I never expected anything like this to affect me this way. It's crazy!
            I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Not crazy. Understandable.

Comment

• "I am still having a problem keeping my emotions under control. I never expected anything like this to affect me this way. It's crazy."
                -------------------------That's crazy. My worst fear, and yours, and it's going to be worse. .................Oh MAN!!!!!!!!!.
                GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Wow, looking at the pics, it doesn't look as bad as I saw it in real life but, still chilling to look at.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Catching up here.

Good job AE, right back at it!!

Holy crap MM, glad he is ok. I would still be shaking.
                    AAL:to be determined

2011 NFL Draft Wish List:

1. Patrick Peterson Cornerback LSU
                    2. Mark Herzlich Outside Linebacker Boston College
                    3. John Moffitt Center Wisconsin
                    4. Steve Schilling Guard Michigan
                    5. Jeremy Kerley Wide Receiver TCU
                    6. Carl Johnson Tackle Florida
                    7. Johnny Patrick Cornerback Louisville

Comment

• MM - if anything, the car did what it was built to do worst case, protect the driver. I myself have not been in anything near what that type of accident was, but am of the firm belief not to dwell on what could have happened.

In the end, he's ok - that is what is most important.
                      Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• Oh wow, just finished watching Searching for Sugar Man - loved it! Thank you SLF - if I hadn't heard you mention it on here it would not have hit my radar. Such a fascinating story!
                        "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• It's a great story. Ms. SLF and I went to Portland to see him play after seeing that. And thank Bill the Cat....he was the one that insisted we see it.
                          To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Ahh, I knew there was someone you were discussing it with, just couldn't remember who. Thanks Bill!!
                            "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• So happy to be at work this morning!

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                                Wow, looking at the pics, it doesn't look as bad as I saw it in real life but, still chilling to look at.
                                Seatbelts FTW!
                                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                                X