No announcement yet.

Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Grandaughters carry on a long standing tradition. Since I was born, I have been known as Minnow. (Used Sharkbait as my CB handle in the 70's .. only Gonz seemed to get the connection when my sister recently mentioned this in the Surgery update thread.).

At any rate, when I visit my daughter, the door is usually answered by one of the girls, followed by a shout of , "Grandpa Minnow is here !!!" Gotta love it.
    "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• LOL @ Grandpa Minnow.

Congrats Mark and Coop.
      "And I'm a million different people from one day to the next..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
        Thanks Gang. I am really looking forward to it. I can testify that being a Grandparent is one of the best things about being a parent.
        I'm always reminded of the great Bill Cosby bit on his parents becoming grandparents.

[youtube]Tt33zqib2qk[/youtube]
        The only thing missing from that Marvin Jones touchdown reversal is that it wasn't a first round playoff game.

Comment

• Malto, sorry to hear your son has one in the oven.....

One of my wife's friends talks about how great her grandkids are...she says..(speaking of the grandchildren) "I should've had them first!"

Comment

• Magic Johnson spoke at our corporate gathering today. Interesting guy.

Comment

• well, I am back home with a neat little mustashe bandage. Wow did I sleep good during surgery, best all year. lol. now I just wanna sleep all day. hard to breathe through the nose but hopefull by friday will get a little sniffage working. funny how my taste came back right after surgery, wife made some chicken and corn choweder and it was out of this world.
              shark I hope you are doing well. you are in my prayers everyday.. thanks for the strength..
              If you keep shootin, you can turn any piece of meat into burger

Comment

• Glad everything went well Stee!

Have your wife send me some of that chowder. About 2 gallons would be great. And have her make some fresh cornbread too. :D

Comment

• want the reciepe its great soup and easy to make
                  If you keep shootin, you can turn any piece of meat into burger

Comment

• Originally posted by THE STEE View Post
                    want the reciepe its great soup and easy to make
                    Yes. please post it in the food thread.

Glad to hear things went well, Stee.
                    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Glad to hear everything went well Stee.
                      To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Hey Stee,

Lets give it a real test...

pull my finger

Get well soon!
                        19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Not sure if anyone here has an iPod Touch or iPhone (I have the former) but there is a application I just downloaded that is basically a 7-round mock draft. I admit I'm a big draft geek but their are worse things one could be doing on a bus or long car ride.

It has scouting reports for most of the top guys and links to highlight reels on YouTube. I think (not 100% sure) that it grades your mock draft after the actual draft happens which is pretty cool in my book.

You can search for it on iTunes or get it here:

http://www.mockdraftapp.com
                          Follow me on Twitter--@Schottey

Comment

• My wife has the 2nd gen iPhone.

I was bored with it after two days of setting things up for her and some tinkering with it.

Probably because I can't stand cell phones.

Comment

• Originally posted by GONZ View Post
                              My wife has the 2nd gen iPhone.

I was bored with it after two days of setting things up for her and some tinkering with it.

Probably because I can't stand cell phones.
                              I'm an audiophile so my 2nd Gen iPod Touch was a great Christmas gift from the wife (after some hardcore hinting). Some of the Apps are pretty cool, have a allrecipes.com app with a bunch of preloaded recipes which is pretty sweet.
                              Follow me on Twitter--@Schottey

Comment

• Originally posted by Mschottey1985 View Post
                                I'm an audiophile so my 2nd Gen iPod Touch was a great Christmas gift from the wife (after some hardcore hinting). Some of the Apps are pretty cool, have a allrecipes.com app with a bunch of preloaded recipes which is pretty sweet.
                                Odd........when I need a recipe, I use my laptop.

Comment

Working...
                                X