Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by El Axe View Post
    Just got back home after visiting my Brother and Sister-in-law near Evansville, IN to see the eclipse in totality. We made a stop in St Louis to see my Brother and his family, first. I hadn't seen my brother in a few years, so was great seeing them.

The totality was amazing. I had missed the one in 2017, so it was new to me. We were out in farmland, so it was funny watching the cows walk back and forth to get ready for the night.
    My wife and I drove down to Toledo to see it and it was pretty cool even through the thin layer of clouds that moved in. We also tried to catch the 2017 eclipse on the way down to my niece's wedding. I went to the right city but the wrong state LOL. This one made up for it.
    "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• A coworker of mine travelled out of state for the 2017 eclipse. 4 hour drive down, 12 hour drive back. Massive traffic, Lines out the door at any places they tried to stop to get food (including a McDonalds in the middle of nowhere, and almost ran out of gas. NOT fun.
      Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• We live in the path of totality, so we had some friends from MI come and stay with us, we watched it from our deck, and the weather was perfect. It was WILD - the difference between 95% and 100% was massive, so now I understand why people make the pilgrimage to experience it. So cool.
        "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• Originally posted by kayrone View Post
          We live in the path of totality, so we had some friends from MI come and stay with us, we watched it from our deck, and the weather was perfect. It was WILD - the difference between 95% and 100% was massive, so now I understand why people make the pilgrimage to experience it. So cool.
          I didn't see it. I saw the last one. It's a novelty. It's not spectacular. It's nice to "SAY" you saw it so you can tell your grandkids who don't know what the hell you're talking about. You want to see something spectacular? Watch an animal being born.
          GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Meh.

Where are we going; and what's up with this hand basket?

Comment

• I am copying & pasting last Novembers post. The elation on these days is indescribable.
              ————————————————

Another clear brain scan result for my boy yesterday. Love you Scotty Boy ❤️

🙏 Thank you 🙏

Feel like Rod Tidwell on Jerry Maguire when he gets his contract. ….., “I LOVE EVERYBODY!”

https://youtu.be/Of73UiXUvjA?si=UabQqHI03qS6Lrnv
              "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• So wonderful!!!
                #birdsarentreal

Comment

• I was testing out my computer speakers and went to YouTube to find a good song to jam. I am probably late in discovering this YouTube channel, but wow, this was a lot of fun to watch. This woman is an international opera singer who listens to Rage Against the Machine for the first time and breaks down musically what she is hearing.

It was fun to hear someone discover why this song is just so good. And one of the comments summed it up nicely: "I love it when Elizabeth shines new light and understanding on music I've known for a long time. She's like a tour guide who just walked into my house and starts showing me things I never noticed before."

Anyway, this is kind of on the long side so wait till you have some time to watch. And if you're unfamiliar with the song...it is quite definitely NSFW.

#birdsarentreal

Comment

• I have watched her channel for years. I love music and like watching reaction videos.
                    my favorites artist is Aurora from Norway. She has done reaction vids to Aurora and loves her.
                    Cool to find people who love the same music as you do.

Comment

• As y'all know, I frequently browse reddit. Like much of social media, it can be really negative about America and all the things wrong about it.

Today, though, the top post was "What is something the United States of America does better than any other country?"

All the answers were really affirming as to what is so great about the USA. Quite a few answers were pleasantly surprising

There are a lot of great answers, but one that caught my eye: "Police the worlds oceans so global trade can occur, benefitting every country that wishes to participate."
                      Last edited by El Axe; July 4, 2024, 10:29 PM.

Comment

As y'all know, I frequently browse reddit. Like much of social media, it can be really negative about America and all the things wrong about it.

Today, though, the top post was "What is something the United States of America does better than any other country?"

All the answers were really affirming as to what is so great about the USA. Quite a few answers were pleasantly surprising

There are a lot of great answers, but one that caught my eye: "Police the worlds oceans so global trade can occur, benefitting every country that wishes to participate."
                        From that ^^^^^

Quote:
                        We had 3 dedicated ships for the army with the sole purpose of producing ice cream that made 10 gallons in 7 minutes during one of scarcest and dire times in human history. The Axis never had a fucking chance.
                        End Quote.

In the scariest and dire times in human history ---->> someone was thinking "Ice Cream" ---->> Whoever that was needs to be recognised as the greatest human being to ever live.

And err......., where are these 3 ships now? Could we bid for them on eBay or something?
                        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Should we make a seperate thread for Olympics discussion?

Some events have already started. I've been watching some Rugby, and it's giving me a bit of a football fix, lol. I'm enjoying it more than I thought I would

Comment

Should we make a seperate thread for Olympics discussion?

Some events have already started. I've been watching some Rugby, and it's giving me a bit of a football fix, lol. I'm enjoying it more than I thought I would

Ditto.
                            GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Rugby is cool, it's too bad the US is rubbish at it, like really bad. It's a joke whenever they go against the All Blacks

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                                Rugby is cool, it's too bad the US is rubbish at it, like really bad. It's a joke whenever they go against the All Blacks
                                Yes they are. Was surprised against France. Then the real team showed up.
                                GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

Working...
                                X