X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's coming along Deb. Thanks.
    GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Hope you are getting on well in with the hip DanO make sure you do the physio!!, we'll be Ubering or using public transport, but maybe a meet up somewhere for Thursday night football? I'm good with anywhere.
      Just arrived at the airport by Heathrow! Leaving at 5.00am
      AAL Quintez Cephus
      If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeanUK View Post
        Hope you are getting on well in with the hip DanO make sure you do the physio!!, we'll be Ubering or using public transport, but maybe a meet up somewhere for Thursday night football? I'm good with anywhere.
        Just arrived at the airport by Heathrow! Leaving at 5.00am
        Thanks Dean. I'm keeping up with the physio. Thursday is probably pushing it for me but we'll see. I don't want to push it and have a set back.
        GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
          I'd love to get together Dean if health allows. I'm recovering from hip replacement. I'm a little west of Deb. I could even drag Malto Marko along I'm sure.
          Good luck with the rehab. My sister-in-law went through a hip replacement recently, sounded like a lot of hard work
          "This is an empty signature. Because apparently carrying a quote from anyone in this space means you are obsessed with that person. "

Comment

• Originally posted by mason reese View Post

Good luck with the rehab. My sister-in-law went through a hip replacement recently, sounded like a lot of hard work
            Thanks Mason. Right now I can walk without a walker but I need something to assist me getting up and then I'm not completely stable. Once I take 7 or 8 steps with the walker I can do with out it. Now it's not a normal walk and there's some pain there but I can do it. I'm doing all the rehab exercises and then some. The doctors had to pull back on the reins and say Woooooo there Neilly. I tend to overdo it as opposed to slacking.
            GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by wcfwtf View Post
              The good thing is that Ford Field being downtown is near a lot of history,
              old churches, the undergrowth railroad have historical designations nearby,
              the Motown museum is a very small bldg about 5-10 minutes north of the Stadium by car. Only 2-3 miles.
              I lived in the downtown area for 3 years before Covid hit.
              Corktown, named for its Irish residents originally is just southwest of downtown. Again a very short trip down Michigan Ave,
              Safe to say we've had a great first day. Plane was delayed yesterday as it needed a new tire (extra points to me for using an i instead of a y) which meant we missed a Four Tops and Temptations concert at the Fox theatre, mixed feelings anyway as really wanted to go to the theatre, but sadly only one of the original Four Tops is still with us and imho Levi Stubbs is irreplaceable. Main reason I follow the Lions is because of Motown so the tour was something special and a touch emotional. Didn't realise the Joe Louis fist was sort of isolated, think it should be more accessible. Tigers Stadium looks amazing, I knew there were some Tiger sculptures but everything about it looks great. Barry statue is pretty good, especially given how bad some can be (Ronaldo!). City is incredibly clean, buildings are great. Managed to get so much done that we're now going to the zoo (my daughter questioned zoo's worth not too long ago, but loved Polar Bears when she was little so seeing there are some there seems to have re-evaluated her stance 😁).
              Bell Isle ✅
              Buddy's✅
              DPM loop✅
              Motown Museum✅
              Spirit of Detroit ✅
              Joe Louis Fist✅
              Ren Cen ✅
              Ford Field reconnaissance mission✅

PXL_20231006_222330362_copy_600x1067.jpg PXL_20231006_220511488_copy_600x1067.jpg PXL_20231006_201313035_copy_600x1067.jpg PXL_20231006_164738741_copy_800x450.jpg ​​​​ PXL_20231006_210621939~2_copy_800x498.jpg
              Last edited by DeanUK; October 6, 2023, 07:55 PM.
              AAL Quintez Cephus
              If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeanUK View Post

Safe to say we've had a great first day. Plane was delayed yesterday as it needed a new tire (extra points to me for using an i instead of a y) which meant we missed a Four Tops and Temptations concert at the Fox theatre, mixed feelings anyway as really wanted to go to the theatre, but sadly only one of the original Four Tops is still with us and imho Levi Stubbs is irreplaceable. Main reason I follow the Lions is because of Motown so the tour was something special and a touch emotional. Didn't realise the Joe Louis fist was sort of isolated, think it should be more accessible. Tigers Stadium looks amazing, I knew there were some Tiger sculptures but everything about it looks great. Barry statue is pretty good, especially given how bad some can be (Ronaldo!). City is incredibly clean, buildings are great. Managed to get so much done that we're now going to the zoo (my daughter questioned zoo's worth not too long ago, but loved Polar Bears when she was little so seeing there are some there seems to have re-evaluated her stance 😁).
                Bell Isle ✅
                Buddy's✅
                DPM loop✅
                Motown Museum✅
                Spirit of Detroit ✅
                Joe Louis Fist✅
                Ren Cen ✅
                Ford Field reconnaissance mission✅

PXL_20231006_222330362_copy_600x1067.jpg PXL_20231006_220511488_copy_600x1067.jpg PXL_20231006_201313035_copy_600x1067.jpg PXL_20231006_164738741_copy_800x450.jpg ​​​​ PXL_20231006_210621939~2_copy_800x498.jpg
                I hope that you have fun Sunday!

I was born and raised in Michigan, but I moved to the Southwestern part of the US 19 years ago, so I can only listen to the Lions online via the NFL+ app.

Have fun in Detroit, and Go Lions!!!

"I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                My friend Ken L

Comment

• Nice pics. Polar bears are cool, or at least want to be😎

Comment

• If you like museums as in art the Detroit Institute of Arts is a world class museum. It’s on Woodward Ave. in mid town. You probably past it going to the Motown museum.
                    farther up Woodward is a factory that made the first model T.
                    All kinds of things to do downtown.
                    The Zoo is up Woodward on 8 mlle. It’s not actually in Detroit proper, just North.

Comment

• The new construction on Woodward by the stadiums, Hudson site, will be a new skyscraper about the same height as Ren Cen. It was originally going to about 90 stories, but Covid happened and it was scaled back by 200 feet. Or 20 stories.

Comment

• As far as the JL fist just dodge some traffic and take some pics. People do it all the time. Might have to make moves like Barry Sanders that’s all.

Comment

• "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                          My friend Ken L

Comment

• Those are fantastic pics, Dean 🦁👌
                            "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Welcome to the colonies DeanUK.
                              "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Great photos, Dean!! I'm in awe of that Barry statue. They captured him so perfectly!! I loved the Zoo last time I went, hope you do as well. Is your whole group going to the game tomorrow?
                                #birdsarentreal

Comment

Working...
                                X