Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enjoy the snowboarding folks.

FYI, Whistler, BC has had a couple (several) deaths on their mountains already this season (avalanche was cause of one of the incidents).

Be safe and keep your heads up.
    19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Thanks G. Yep, it happens. A guy wandered out of bounds and froze to death a couple of years ago out here. I stay within ski boundaries, where they keep the avalanche guns booming. Today, 60MPH winds up high so they shut down the alpine area.

I invested in a helmet this year and glad I did. Glad I did. Pretty icy. I managed a little slide and helicopter maneuver today but nothing serious.

Comment

• So are you getting dumped on with snow, like we are getting rain now?
        To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• No rain up here now SLF, but there was a lot of rain throughout the morning. It was snowing on the mountain this morning and raining in the valley.

After boarding this morning, it was like my body said, "so, you want me to do this?". I had to come back and take a nap, but my son said the conditions weren't too good this afternoon.

Comment

• things that just make my morning..........Right now I've got a youngster in my office with some severe form of separation anxity. He's been screaming at the top of his lungs (and I mean the top of his lungs) for the last 15 minutes. He's been pleading and talking with people that aren't here............this boy is not right

Comment

• That's got to be tough Nick.

GO LIONS "09" !!!!!!!!
              GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Pappageorgio View Post
                things that just make my morning..........Right now I've got a youngster in my office with some severe form of separation anxity. He's been screaming at the top of his lungs (and I mean the top of his lungs) for the last 15 minutes. He's been pleading and talking with people that aren't here............this boy is not right
                Slip him a mickey in his chocolate milk next time.

Poor kid. Wish I could help them all............................................... ....not.

It does sound like he does need major help though.
                19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Re: Snow

We got a real good snow here for the first time in 4 or 5 years! It was awesome. I didn't get to play in it though cuz I had to work. I only live a mile from the office so I couldn't take a vacation day like 60% of the staff did. It's mostly melted now and supposed to get to 70 degrees this weekend. <sigh>
                  "And I'm a million different people from one day to the next..."

Comment

• where you at, rom?
                    knowledge reigns supreme over nearly everybody

Comment

• Originally posted by Aesop View Post
                      where you at, rom?
                      That's on a need-to-know basis.

Here's a clue....

She's east of the Rockies

Comment

• ah, the reason i ask is that my father lives in GA where apparently they just got snow for the first time in a generation (obviously exaggerating)

Comment

• Where's he at?

I spent 5 years in Atlanta (worked for MARTA, lived in Norcross & Lawrenceville)

Comment

• I can't remember right now, somewhere in the NW of the state. The only time I spent in GA was a grand ol' jaunt @ Fort Benning... I hate Georgia...

Comment

• Virginia, Aesop.

YT, heh...
                              "And I'm a million different people from one day to the next..."

Comment

• Just trying to keep your secret identity a secret, Catwoman!

DAMN!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X