Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks again for the best wishes. :-)

@froot loops: Glad to know that everything went well and you were able to keep your job.

@ Marko & Tony: Starting small, so unfortunately no rock stars or footballers so far. I think Brazil has a ?Non-extradition treaty? with us, at least is where everyone goes to, for running away from Portuguese justice?
    Gamer dad, like a normal dad, only much cooler / Gamers don't die they respawn
    🎮 PSN: Thiaugux - 🏆 125 Platinum Trophies
    https://psnprofiles.com/Thiaugux

Comment

• Islair, I recently attended the Ann Arbor Art Fair. Was wondering if you've ever set up a stand there?
      GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Well, this really give me chills and you do not hear about things like this very often.

On July 27th, every year, a ceremony takes place at Henry Ford Bicentennial Library Auditorium to commemorate the ending of the Korean War. The event is held by the local VFW chapter.

The local VFW seeks out veterans of that war from around the Metro Area to attend. It is open to the general public.

After the ceremonies at the Library, everyone in attendance is invited to go to a local AmVets hall for a celebration. Upon arrival an attendee will be treated to American, and Korean dishes, libations, and music. This reception is hosted by the Korean American Committee. They pay for the food, drinks and music. It was established as a way to thank the Veterans of the Korean war but it is not exclusive to them. Anyone who wishes to, may attend.

You hear about how ungrateful many countries are after receiving American assistance but I have never heard of the people of another country doing this kind of a gesture to show their appreciation and gratitude.

My hat is off the the Korean American Committee and the kind gesture they show the American people.
        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• The koreans that I have gotten to know since my kids have been involved in TKD are the sweetest, kindest, most loving people I have ever met, and their influence has been wonderful on my kids. Small sample size I know, but it really makes me want to visit Korea someday.
          "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• I wouldn't suppose any of you (apart from maybe Septem, Essek or FVD) saw the North Korean woman's soccer match yesterday? They hoisted up the SOUTH Korean flag?! North Koreans all walked off. Certainly made my day. I bet Flag Guy is at the Job Centre today.
            "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

Once upon a time, a pilot asked a beautiful princess, "Will you marry me?"............The princess said, "No!"

.....And the pilot lived happily ever after and flew jets all over the world and drove hot cars and chased skinny long-legged big-breasted flight attendants and hunted and fished and went to topless bars and dated women half his age and drank Weihenstephaner German beer and Captain Morgan and never heard bitching and never paid child support or alimony and kept his house and guns and ate cold leftover meals, potato chips and beans and blew enormous farts and never got cheated on while he was at work and all his friends and family thought he was frickin' cool as hell and he had tons of money in the bank and left the toilet seat up........
              The end.
              Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• LOVE IT!!!
                GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• I think DWT did get married.

And Mark. I think Korean Americans are Americans. Just sayin.
                  To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                    I think DWT did get married.

And Mark. I think Korean Americans are Americans. Just sayin.
                    I'll blame "the pond" again SLF, but I have no clue what that ^ highlighted part means buddy.
                    "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• Marko,

I did see the fiasco with the North Korean team and the South Korean flags. That was definitely a facepalm moment.
                      Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Sorry buddy. That was for wee Marko.

Comment

• You mean well rounded Marko? I'm wee Marko.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                            You mean well rounded Marko? I'm wee Marko.
                            Sorry again. One day I'll get this all figured out...

Comment

• Off to the sun and fun of Laughlin and Las Vegas, NV for 4 days.

Going to put $10 on the Lions to win the big show. First bet like this again in over 6 (?) years now. Used to be an annual event. Hope it gets there again.
                              19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• I'm jealous, G! Have a great time!

Septem, sorry I'm late to this thread, but congratulations!
                                #birdsarentreal

Comment

Working...
                                X