Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats!
    "This is an empty signature. Because apparently carrying a quote from anyone in this space means you are obsessed with that person. "

Comment

• Congratulations Islair
      AAL Quintez Cephus
      If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• Congrats Islair!
        Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Happy news! Congratulations!
          #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Congrats, Islair, for having sex!
            It's so flat you can watch your dog run away for three days.

Comment

• what are you talking about Kansaw, what is that 3 letter word of which you speak?
              Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by kayrone View Post
                Thanks guys! I have been in awe of him this season. In prior seasons, he would have occasional games where he would be lights out, and other games where he couldn't throw a strike to save his life. But this season he has been incredible. I think he only gave up 3 or 4 walks all season, and the few hits he gave up could have been outs if not for fielding errors (they are 11 year olds, after all). His WHIP had to have been pretty incredible - he's been Verlander-esque all year. In fact, twice this year he's struck out the side with 16 pitches (I'm out of town right now, but I'll post a video when I have the chance, cuz it's f@ckin SWEET! :-)

Gonz, thx for your input. To be honest, I was really freaked out when I first saw the photo, but after googling "pitching mechanics" and looking at photos and videos I relaxed a little bit. This is just rec league ball, so he has different coaches each season, so I don't know that any of them would have had enough time to even notice his mechanics. But I did send the photo to his current coach (who rocks, btw) to see if he has any concerns.

I don't know if he will be good enough to play for his school teams - we live in an incredibly competitive community, and he is a streaky hitter and a mediocre fielder, which might not be good enough to make it to the middle school "show" around here, but that's ok. I just love to watch him, and I love that he has developed a passion for baseball. That's MY boy! :-)

/proud mama rant
                Cool pic and story kayrone. My 11 year old son is also in TKD (camo belt) and also quite the pitcher. He was more dominant actually last year when he was a 4th grader in the 3/4th grade league. Now that he's a 5th grader in the 5/6th grade league, the older kids can catch up to his fastball.

I also wonder about the TKD / Baseball connection.

And I also wonder how he'll do when the school try outs come along. Its a big school district and the competition for the slots will be fierce. I think his best shot is as a catcher actually cause he is an absolute natural at that position. But for now, I try not to worry about that and just enjoy watching him play. It is truly awesome.

Comment

• And Wings fan, you always have the hottest avatars! Who is that?!?!?! At first I thought it was George Harrison, but now I don't think so. Whoever it is...YUM! Post more often please!
                  David Gilmour, so were the others at different times

Comment

• Congrats Islair. She is a big baby!

Comment

• Thanks everyone. Mom and Baby came home yesterday, and everyone is doing great.
                      AAL:to be determined

2011 NFL Draft Wish List:

1. Patrick Peterson Cornerback LSU
                      2. Mark Herzlich Outside Linebacker Boston College
                      3. John Moffitt Center Wisconsin
                      4. Steve Schilling Guard Michigan
                      5. Jeremy Kerley Wide Receiver TCU
                      6. Carl Johnson Tackle Florida
                      7. Johnny Patrick Cornerback Louisville

Comment

• Congrats Islair.
                        GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• It has been one heck of a last week for me. I had a really big weekend at two different art fairs, even scored third place at one of them, had a return client order two more large prints from me, the little girl came into the world, and is now home with us.

Now I just got an email from the new Riverfront Museum here in Peoria, and one of my photos has been accepted into their grand opening Invitational Exhibition, and my photo will hang in the museum for six months starting in October.

Whew. It has been a busy week.
                          AAL:to be determined

2011 NFL Draft Wish List:

1. Patrick Peterson Cornerback LSU
                          2. Mark Herzlich Outside Linebacker Boston College
                          3. John Moffitt Center Wisconsin
                          4. Steve Schilling Guard Michigan
                          5. Jeremy Kerley Wide Receiver TCU
                          6. Carl Johnson Tackle Florida
                          7. Johnny Patrick Cornerback Louisville

Comment

• Congrats Islair. You are on a roll buddy.
                            GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Congrats ISLAIR.

Glad to see one of our own succeeding in life.
                              19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                                Congrats ISLAIR.

Glad to see one of our own succeeding in life.
                                +1

Congrats. :-)
                                Gamer dad, like a normal dad, only much cooler / Gamers don't die they respawn
                                🎮 PSN: Thiaugux - 🏆 125 Platinum Trophies
                                https://psnprofiles.com/Thiaugux

Comment

Working...
                                X