Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
    Tonight! Six rows from the stage.

-shouldn't this be in the "Things that piss you off" thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by kayrone View Post
      you are all so sweet, I really appreciate the kind words and support. If you are interested in helping her out, the paypal account for her is: judycancerfund@yahoo.com.

Gonz, we are shooting for January 12 - 15. We want to get the trip out of the way while she is still feeling well enough to go, and she started chemo last week, so the clock is ticking. We wanted to do it before year end, but there was no way we could pull it off that quickly, as she wasn't even diagnosed until late October.
      KR1,

Please accept a small offering from my family to yours through Paypal.

Cheers to Judy and her wish to see the grand kids down to Disneyland.

G

pands

Sorry about the delay, my Paypal account has been a GIANT mess for some reason. It is obviously now fixed.
      19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by Kansas View Post
        Uh oh. That's what the parents of all the mass murderers say.

Distraught mother: "<Sobs> I don't know what made him gun down all those people at the mall, Geraldo. He's just a great kid. He indeed doesn't care about labels. He marches to his own tune and doesn't care who knows it. He's popular, smart, athletic and all the educators love him. Why, Geraldo? Why? <Breaks down>"

I'd get him some professional help pronto, YT. Any kid that perfect is a ticking time bomb.
        LOL. Typical Kansas humor. I love it!

Just for the record, he's not that perfect. He has the same issues all kids his age have. He has ADHA and there are times when we can't handle him with a bullwhip and a cattle prod. But he is our pride and joy.

I waited almost 39 yrs for him and I am so glad God made me wait for this special child.

Comment

• Very nice story Bill! Thank you for sharing. Merry Christmas!

Comment

• Thanks Gonz. We're proud of Ben every day. Some days we are prouder of him than others

Comment

• CG, how was the concert? I'm going to see the Trans-Siberian Orchestra today!
              #birdsarentreal

Comment

• It was fantistic, Deb.

Amos Lee played for about an hour. He is an incredible talent. If you like acoustic singer/songwriter types you should check him out.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgzFPP-Fa8o&feature=related"]Amos Lee - Learned a Lot - YouTube[/ame]

John Prine followed and played for about two hours. He pretty much played what you would expect and hoped that he would play if you are a fan. His voice has been better, and he croaked through a couple of songs, most notably Angel in Montgomery, but he was strong through others. The energy was fantastic and he looked as if he was having a good time.

Amos Lee came back out and they did Paradise together to end the show. Fantastic.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9-MLSWoQwQ"]John Prine & Amos Lee - Paradise - YouTube[/ame]

I'm going to see the Trans-Siberian Orchestra today!
                That should be great. Have Fun!
                Last edited by CGVT; December 17, 2011, 12:49 PM.
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• wow, JP sounds pretty good there. The youtube videos I've seen of him recently were waaaaaay worse than that.
                  "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

wow, JP sounds pretty good there. The youtube videos I've seen of him recently were waaaaaay worse than that.
                    I think he has good days and bad days, K. He came out and played a song and apologized for his voice. He said that when he came out to do the sound check it was gone. He had a couple of bottles of water and was hitting them pretty hard throughout the night. His voice actually got stronger through the evening, but was not as good as that clip. It really didn't detract much from the show.
                    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• ohmygodohmygodohmygod I just got the mail and the new Ani DiFranco CD was in there! It isn't going to be released until January 17, but apparently those of us who pre-ordered it got an early Christmas present. WOOT! Now I need to go drive around for an hour so I can listen. YAY!
                      "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

ohmygodohmygodohmygod I just got the mail and the new Ani DiFranco CD was in there! It isn't going to be released until January 17, but apparently those of us who pre-ordered it got an early Christmas present. WOOT! Now I need to go drive around for an hour so I can listen. YAY!

Kay, rapid technological advancs now make it possible to play a CD in the house...........
                        The only logical explanation is:
                        I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• She needs a new needle on her home CD player.
                          To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• She's going to be disappointed when she tries to put that CD in her 8-Track player.

Comment

• Oh God....another squirrel avatar.
                              AAL:to be determined

2011 NFL Draft Wish List:

1. Patrick Peterson Cornerback LSU
                              2. Mark Herzlich Outside Linebacker Boston College
                              3. John Moffitt Center Wisconsin
                              4. Steve Schilling Guard Michigan
                              5. Jeremy Kerley Wide Receiver TCU
                              6. Carl Johnson Tackle Florida
                              7. Johnny Patrick Cornerback Louisville

Comment

• Originally posted by Islair View Post
                                Oh God....another squirrel avatar.
                                That's no way to talk about Ani. Have some respect.
                                "This is an empty signature. Because apparently carrying a quote from anyone in this space means you are obsessed with that person. "

Comment

Working...
                                X