No announcement yet.

Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, unfortunately most things are actually cheaper in the states than here in Japan.
    Electronics?
    Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Ah superb Dean, excellent boiler choice. I've been fitting Worcesters for over ten years now, they really are the "Rolls Royce" of boiler manufacturerers. With regards to powerflushing....., I only recommend it on systems with nothing less than 15mm copper. Usually with 8mm microbore systems, a powerflush pushes magnatite sludge right into the manifolds and it's near impossible to shift. Hopefully that was noted. Nothing worse than trying to get optimum flow rates with a system that's bunged up.
      Sorry bud, don't want to turn it into a heating crash course class! Quite passionate about central heating and making sure people are burning gas efficiently in these hard times.

And to MM,...., like I said in another thread......., I've seen pictures of the forum game and you look very trim in those photos (lay off me MT3, that wasn't gay)...,., but if you keep on visiting this ackroyds establishment....., well it's gonna have to be Well Rounded Marko from now on! Thank God they don't have the fudge donuts!! Just looking out for yer health there big guy!!
      "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by Desert Lion View Post
        I woke up at 3:15AM to watch Monday Night Countdown and then the game. I called home to talk to the wife and kids. When I told my little one that the Lions were on she went and got her CJ jersey. My wife says she fell asleep in the chair watching the game. She wouldn't let my wife change the channel because she wanted to make sure she told me all about it in case I didn't get to see the whole game. I just wonder how a 6 year old can explain False Starts? LOL[ATTACH]1903[/ATTACH]
        Originally posted by THE STEE View Post
        Mrs Stee and I celebrate #33 today
        Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
        Best mates daughter back in recovery in intensive care unit, praise the Lord it all went well. And thanks for all the well wishes, I actually told him by text that the Lions of Detroit are at this moment sending prayers, there's even a prayer heading over from Japan......, and he really appreciated that. He'll still think American fitba is shit though, just cant convert him!

Just a side note about my best mate, he's 6'6" and his name is Mark....., we call him Big Marko......, I'm a short arse at 5'9", I'm wee Marko....., my wife is 5'5" and her maid of honour is 5'0"........., the wedding photos ran in lovely diagonal line!
        Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
        I can hear your readings.........

"From the Book of Mark. As you embark on your journey through life together we celebrate the fact the Lions are 5-0 and are headed for unheard of success........."

Good stories .... lol @ Malto mark
        "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• ........<<<<<burp>>>>>>

Meat pie consumed.

Mrs. Malto also suggested we bring home some Fern cake and Eccles cake.

Mrs. Malto give three thumbs up to the Fern cakes.

After two Fern cakes and two Eccles cakes. I am still undecided and will have to research it further.
          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Sorry bud, don't want to turn it into a heating crash course class! Quite passionate about central heating and making sure people are burning gas efficiently in these hard times.
            I work at a place with 4 boilers. Each them circulates steam at 5.5 millions lbs stm/hr. (approximate diagram below)

Last edited by Tony G; October 20, 2011, 06:13 PM.
            Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Man I miss the steam radiant heat of my Brooklyn apartments. This forced air BS at my place now sucks. The dry air just kills me.

Oh wait wrong thread.
              Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• You winding me up Tony......., that's the heating system in the Death Star or some shit like that eh?

Well rounded Marko......., Eccles cakes are maybe English......, they have no place whatsoever at Ackroyds!!
                "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• Marko, I'm not sure if the contractor budgeted an extra $10,000 or so for travel and accommodation, but I'll ask him the next time we speak. :D

Also, since I know most people don't want to see pictures of my house as it's being built, I'll start posting them over in the off-topic forum once I get some more. Anyone who's interested can hop over there and check them out.
                  2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• LFIJ I'd love to hear about it. We are planning to start building a home in the spring and would love to see someone elses pitfalls.
                    To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• You need to stay on top of the contractors LFIJ. If they can take advantage of you they will.
                      GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• When you say, "stay on top of the contractor" DanO......, what EXACTLY do you mean? Keep it clean!!

LFIJ......, I for one would love to see pictures of the many stages of your home being built.....,, I'm right into that stuff. Let's hope you don't get a real life Tim "the tool man" Taylor working there!

Comment

• HA! I had my house built. Contractors will try and screw you every chance they get by using something "cheaper" than you paid for-----or skip a process altogether.
                          GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• You winding me up Tony......., that's the heating system in the Death Star or some shit like that eh?
                            Actually it's a representative drawing, same style only the drawing is smaller, of a very large power generating station I work at. The boilers are 260 feet tall.

Comment

• The boilers are 260 feet tall?? Now that is a serious piece of kit........, and i probably wasn't far wrong, ...., it could heat the Death Star!

All main contractors are....... For want of a better Scottish saying......, "at the lash" ....., always cutting corners. I got involved with a building company many years ago to built twelve flats in a place called Kirkcaldy, over in Fife, Scotland. I basically installed twelve heating systems, twelve bathrooms, twelve en-suites and twelve kitchen sinks......., The site was run so bad that the company went bust,......, their insurance paid my material costs only....., and I was paid absolutely feck all in labour costs. That was back in 98......, a memorable year as I nearly had a nervous breakdown. Was stung and vowed never to be as stupid again. I never get involved with these (what I call) mid sized contractors. The bigger national builders are excellent, with reputations to be kept etc. Hope that's not put you off LFIJ......, I'm sure japanese contractors will be the best the world has to offer.

Comment

• Originally posted by LionsFanInJapan View Post
                                Marko, I'm not sure if the contractor budgeted an extra $10,000 or so for travel and accommodation, but I'll ask him the next time we speak. :D

Also, since I know most people don't want to see pictures of my house as it's being built, I'll start posting them over in the off-topic forum once I get some more. Anyone who's interested can hop over there and check them out.
                                Cool! Would love to see them.

Comment

Working...
                                X