No announcement yet.

Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ya but can you tell the difference between Canadian and Yooper????

GO LIONS "11" !
    GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Used to. Yoopers generally have more "ah"s and longer "u"s where canucks are more like "ay" and longer "o"s.
      To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
        Ya but can you tell the difference between Canadian and Yooper????

GO LIONS "11" !
        Yoo betcha, I can.
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Can you tell the dif between a Yooper and a Minnesotan (from north of Duluth)
          Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Nope
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• you bet
              Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• I lived in Duluth about 30 years ago for a couple of years. To my ear Yoopers, people from Northern Wisconsin and people from the Iron Range all have the same accent. (and of all of the places that I have live it is the easiest to pick up, too.)

Comment

• The Iron range up around Ely had just a tinge more Fargo-esque accent in them than the yoopers I met. They also were a little more outgoing to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
                    Can you tell the dif between a Yooper and a Minnesotan (from north of Duluth)
                    One's a scum sucking bottom feeder, the other's a fish.
                    Last edited by mason reese; October 5, 2011, 05:33 PM.
                    "This is an empty signature. Because apparently carrying a quote from anyone in this space means you are obsessed with that person. "

Comment

• There's a difference?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
                        The Iron range up around Ely had just a tinge more Fargo-esque accent in them than the yoopers I met. They also were a little more outgoing to me.
                        All my kin on me mothers side is from, Ely, Schroeder, & Tofte. Family reunion next summer. ...<<< mental note to bring muclucks.>>>
                        "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• All this yooper talk. Makes me hungry for pasties and smoked chubs.
                          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                            All this yooper talk. Makes me hungry for pasties and smoked chubs.
                            Sounds like a great name for a strip joint.
                            #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                              All this yooper talk. Makes me hungry for pasties and smoked chubs.
                              GAY!!!
                              Your right! Matty Boy will save us all!!

Comment

• "Makes me hungry for pasties............."
                                -----------------------I put an order in with mom. I just have to go up there and get them.

You can order them online BTW and have them shipped if anyone is interested.
                                GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

Working...
                                X