Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats Greg!

Nothing beats being a Dad for the 1st time.

Comment

• Great news, Greg! That must have been an awfully long time to wait but well worth it in the end.
      2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greg H View Post
        After 17 months, the adoption of our daughter Julia has been finalized. Needless to say, my wife and I are thrilled. She has three older kids from a previous marriage, but this is my first go-round at full-fledged fatherhood.
        Wonderful news, Greg!
        #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Congrats Greg. You'll love being a father.

GO LIONS "11" !
          GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Welcome to the club, Greg!
            Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• Congrats Greg....Great News!!
              AAL:to be determined

2011 NFL Draft Wish List:

1. Patrick Peterson Cornerback LSU
              2. Mark Herzlich Outside Linebacker Boston College
              3. John Moffitt Center Wisconsin
              4. Steve Schilling Guard Michigan
              5. Jeremy Kerley Wide Receiver TCU
              6. Carl Johnson Tackle Florida
              7. Johnny Patrick Cornerback Louisville

Comment

• Thanks for all the kind words. Although the adoption process seemed to take forever, watching Julia grow has flown by.
                "We'll know for the first time if we're evil or divine. We're the last in line." - Ronnie James Dio

Comment

Thanks for all the kind words. Although the adoption process seemed to take forever, watching Julia grow has flown by.
                  I don't recall reading how old "Julia" is?

From newborn? Toddler? What?
                  19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• We got Julia when she was 2 days old, been with us ever since.
                    "We'll know for the first time if we're evil or divine. We're the last in line." - Ronnie James Dio

Comment

• Congrats on the finalization, Greg!
                      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

We got Julia when she was 2 days old, been with us ever since.
                        Was finalizing it a formality? Or was it possible she could have been taken back? That would have been a very difficult wait!
                        #birdsarentreal

Comment

• I don't know Greg's sitch but, I had a friend who had an infant that he was fostering on the way to adoption, when the Court awarded custody back to mom who had gotten cleaned up. It was gut wrenching for him.
                          To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• We were in the same situation, fostering then adoption. We went in from day one planning to adopt, but you have to foster first. (This was done through the county). The possibility that she would be awarded to her birth-mother technically existed for about 14 months, but the mom was so "jacked up" that that was not going to happen. There was no one in the birth mother's family who stepped forward, so we were able to finalize this week. Before Julia, we had a newborn boy who was eventually awarded to his birth parents' family. Similar to SLF's friend, we were devestated.

Comment

• Greg, I'm glad it worked out. I can't imagine going through that once, and then doing it a second time.
                              2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• congrats Greg. Is that her in your avatar? She's beautiful!
                                "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

Working...
                                X