No announcement yet.

Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes. Actually I'm a friend of his, he asked me to meet him here.
    "Low on the totem, till he showed 'em defiance, giant scrotum"

Comment

• What a day, week, month...

Today I turned 40, became a first time homeowner, and first time landlord.

Turning 40 has been great. I really like middle age. One of my coworker friends contacted my Mom to obtain pictures of me as a kid. They made photocopies and wrote funny things on them and plastered them all over the building. A tradition where I work.

I closed on my house this morning after a week of a few panic filled moments and last minute scrambling for a variety of reasons. You home owners have been through your own versions I'm sure. The biggest scare was finding out, with 48 hours to close, my insurance company doesn't insure houses with fuses. Luckily they will write the policy if the house will be upgraded to circuit breakers within 30 days. The sellers can't move for 2 weeks so I'm renting to them.

It's been a crazy, stressful, anxiety filled, exciting, life changing week. Tomorrow I'm going to dinner with friends. I plan to toast middle age several times. Sunday is dinner with the folks. Monday is get my ass in gear for a busy August.
      "And I'm a million different people from one day to the next..."

Comment

• Congrats Rommy and a huge Happy Birtday!
        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Happy Birthday and congrats, Rommy!
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROMMY!!!

N CUN-GRA-JOO-LAY-SHUNS ON THE HOWSE 2
            ------------
            <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• Congratulations on the house, Rommy!

But more importantly...

Happy Birthday!!!! I'm glad you had a great day!!
              #birdsarentreal

Comment

• awww, Happy Birthday Rommy! Welcome to the coven, honey - 40 is great! And congrats on the house - it is adorable!
                "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• Wow, I guess they be putting these signs up all over the new neighborhood.......

The only logical explanation is:
                  I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• Sounds like a great day all around, Congrats on the house, i know you won't regret your decision.
                    "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• That's a good day Rommy! What a great way to spend your birthday!
                      To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Rommy, Congrats on the house and Happy Birthday!

Comment

• Happy Birthday Rommy and congrats on the house. I'm looking into refinancing right now. Do you mind if I ask what kind of interest rate you got? I'm currently looking at 5.0% on a 30 year fixed.

GO LIONS "09" !!!!!!!!!
                          GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Thanks everyone.

DanO, I got a 30 year FHA loan at 5.5%. I could've gotten 5% but would've had to pay more in points than I wanted. I wanted to leave as much money in the bank as possible for emergencies. I did pay some points. I went with the middle range. I don't really understand the points system but I did gamble and not lock in my rate at first. Not knowing what I was doing, I locked about a week later after 2 small declines and saved myself $400. I don't think the rates dropped much more between then and when I closed but I didn't ask cuz I didn't want to know.
                            "And I'm a million different people from one day to the next..."

Comment

• Congrats on the house and Happy B-day rommy.
                              Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Thanks Rommy.

GO LIONS "09" !!!!!!!!!
                                GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

Working...
                                X