Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It doesn't matter anyway.

Too many casual observers claim the regular season is meaningless anyway.

As long as they settle so they can play two weeks of the regular season to establish playoff teams and play the playoffs, no harm no foul, eh?
    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Yea that right (basically) lets have a 40 game season and the playoffs. Then the regular season actually might be worth watching.

Comment

• It would be pretty hard to play 40 games in two weeks.;-)
        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• I know, that's why I said (basically) it's right :-). Being saying it since Sept, they will be playing in Jan.

Comment

• This is a very cool pic, 2 of my favorites as a kid...how many can guess?

Comment

• Mike Foligno #17, Dale McCourt
              Last edited by Greg H; January 3, 2013, 06:00 PM. Reason: jogged the memory
              "We'll know for the first time if we're evil or divine. We're the last in line." - Ronnie James Dio

Comment

• The Hanson brothers
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• The "deadline" to get the season started is about a week away now. I say a last minute deal for a 48 game season will happen.

Comment

• It doesn't really matter. No matter how the NHL reworks this deal, the system they have in place is unsustainable. The league and the players will be back at this point in six years or so and we'll do it all over again.

Comment

• It matters that canceling another season would be irreversible damage to the NHL. If they play this year fans will get over this. If they don't, well who knows what would happen to this league.

Comment

• Gary Bettman :x told players on Thursday that several general managers around the league have some regrets on player contracts and would love the opportunity to "dismantle" their teams.

This apparently did not sit well with the players, who reportedly asked for the names of the general managers who made such a suggestion, and helped lead to what was essentially a wasted day of negotiations.

Comment

• I predict they announce a deal done tomorrow or Monday afternoon...They've met too much the past two days with mediators with not much information being leaked and no posturing from both sides in interviews. The only thing I saw as far as leaked information was that the owners were the ones giving ground.
                          2013 2014 AAL: Glover Quin #27

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                            It matters that canceling another season would be irreversible damage to the NHL. If they play this year fans will get over this. If they don't, well who knows what would happen to this league.
                            Then it's just delaying the inevitable.

The NHL, as it currently is, is destined for spectacular failure. Any organization in which a good third of your teams is effectively GUARANTEED to hemorrhage money before the year even starts cannot sustain itself.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                              Gary Bettman :x told players on Thursday that several general managers around the league have some regrets on player contracts and would love the opportunity to "dismantle" their teams.

This apparently did not sit well with the players, who reportedly asked for the names of the general managers who made such a suggestion, and helped lead to what was essentially a wasted day of negotiations.

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/ey...smantle-teams-
                              Who's fault is it? Seems to me that its the general managers. They go and sign these stupid contracts, and now they want to renege on them because they made stupid choices? What's most likely the next thing to happen? Hmm, I bet they sign more stupid contracts.
                              Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Yup. Thank the Islanders and Rick Dipietro for the start of the several decade long contracts. The whole thing is friggin stupid but I sure don't blame the players for signing them. If the GM's and owners want to throw money around like that I'd take the security for my family as well
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Working...
                                X