X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Josh Harding diagnosed with MS

Updated: November 29, 2012, 11:28 AM ET
    Associated Press

ST. PAUL, Minn. -- Minnesota Wild goalie Josh Harding has been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis.

Harding
    The Wild confirmed Thursday that Harding is undergoing treatment for the disease, which attacks the body's immune system and affects the central nervous system. The Star Tribune first reported the news.
    General manager Chuck Fletcher said he knows the "competitive fire" Harding has used in his hockey career will help him fight this challenge.
    MS symptoms can include problems with balance, vision and fatigue. The 28-year-old Harding told the Star Tribune he plans to keep playing. Diagnosed two months ago, Harding resumed on-ice workouts two weeks ago without trouble.
    Harding signed a three-year, $5.7 million contract this summer. He played in a career-high 34 games last season.
    Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Good luck Josh, MS can be a bitch sometimes.
      "We'll know for the first time if we're evil or divine. We're the last in line." - Ronnie James Dio

Comment

• Originally posted by Greg H View Post
        Good luck Josh, MS can be a bitch sometimes.
        Echo that statement wholeheartedly here.

And then the opposite end of the spectrum, one of the Grand Rapids Griffins was arrested back in October with a .30 BAC wearing a purple teletubbies costume.
        Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Van Dusen View Post
          Echo that statement wholeheartedly here.

And then the opposite end of the spectrum, one of the Grand Rapids Griffins was arrested back in October with a .30 BAC wearing a purple teletubbies costume.
          +1

.........and you should have seen the video of the arrest. Seems he had been attending a Halloween party.
          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• I would hope so. If that's his normal weekend attire, then we have some issues there lol.
            Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• I'm done with the NHL at this point. The players and the owners don't care one bit about the fans. I will keep watching the NFL, College football, NCAA basketball both UofM and MSU.

I will also watch College hockey. But I'm sick of the NHL this season and prehaps for a real long time.
              Metal fan, baseball fan, football fan

Comment

• Rumbles the lockout will be ending soon, maybe by weeks end. Deal gets done without Bettman, Daly, and Co., that would indicate to me that a change could be in the offing in the Commish's office. Now THERE'S a word of optimism!

Comment

• Ya, I heard a group of 6 owners and players that were are not currently involved in the deadlock are meeting today.

Hope Illitch's rep is one of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                    Ya, I heard a group of 6 owners and players that were are not currently involved in the deadlock are meeting today.

Hope Illitch's rep is one of them.
                    I would hope so. Illitch has been way too quiet and he needs to get involved. This is getting ridiculous. It's better for his team if there is hockey this season.

Comment

• Illitch is not well.

Any involvement from the Wings would have to be a representative.

Comment

• I would vote for Devellano, Nill or Holland.

In that order.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                          I would vote for Devellano, Nill or Holland.

In that order.
                          At this point I don't care who does it, but somebody needs to do something. Ideally all 3 should get involved.

Comment

• Ideally all 3 should get involved
                            Action by committee is never as effective as a single person tog et things done.
                            Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• There should only be one representative per team.

Comment

• No way Nill will get sent after he got slammed with that fine for speaking out at the beginning of the lockout.

No way Illitch goes, so I say there is no way the wings get represented here.

It really doesn't matter anyways because of the 6 owners that are going to be there, the Bruins owner (Jacobs) is one of them, and he is one of the 8 hardline teams forcing the lockout to keep going (Bettman needs at least 8 teams on his side to do anything).
                                2013 2014 AAL: Glover Quin #27

Comment

Working...
                                X