No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. I likes Lids and will let him play if that is what he wants but, as a big time Lids fan, the only way he can come back is with a 3-4 Mil salary. Anything else is too much.
    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• While I wish he'd give us a home town discount he most certainly wouldn't have to. He's still one of the top defensemen in the game.

Bring him back for another year!!
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
        While I wish he'd give us a home town discount he most certainly wouldn't have to. He's still one of the top defensemen in the game.

Bring him back for another year!!
        His playing time dictates you do not give him the world. There is a salary cap now and while Lids will always be my favorite Wing, he would not be worth more than 4Mil against the cap next year.

Comment

• Stevie Y is my favorite all time Wing.. there's not anyone even close.
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Wasn't lids playing a little hurt? I don't think Howard ever got into his groove returning from his injury, and Pavel was just starting to get it back. I hope we don't panic, though we do need some changes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
              Mr. I likes Lids and will let him play if that is what he wants but, as a big time Lids fan, the only way he can come back is with a 3-4 Mil salary. Anything else is too much.
              Agreed.
              GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by FCRhodes View Post
                Wasn't lids playing a little hurt? I don't think Howard ever got into his groove returning from his injury, and Pavel was just starting to get it back. I hope we don't panic, though we do need some changes.
                Injuries hurt us in a big way at the end of the season but this team needs a shot in the arm. Holland doesn't need to go all Joey D and trade CB but he definitely needs to bring in some talent with that cap space.

Praise would be awesome especially for Dats. We need to get him someone to skate with. Hossa and Dats were dynamic and that would certainly be a great start. He's small but the dude can score.
                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Lidstrom wants to come back at the same salary that is fine with me. He still is a top 5 defenseman in the league and worth that 6 million contract. It is not going to impede what the Wings do at all. A 6 million contract leaves the Wings with 14.782 million under the projected 64.3 million salary cap for next season.

Stuart is likely gone, so the Wings could use another Defenseman. Given Babcock's comments about forward depth not being that great for the Wings it is probably a lock that Hudler, Helm and Abdelkader are probably locks to come back. This year the group cost 4.575 million against the cap. If they could come back with for like 5-5.5 million total that would be pretty good.

I don't think Conklin comes back, because it looks like Joey M. can handle the backup duties. Not sure that Holmstrom comes back for next year.

Basically the Wings are going to have around 9-9.5 million to get a forward and defenseman.
                  2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Lidstrom earned every bit of his 6 million this year and will next year. They will not find anyone to replace his production for that salary. One need to look at how shaky the defense looked when he was out. They need to shake things up a bit but they pretty much need him back.

Comment

• Damn man.. I didn't realize Datsyuk is 33, Zetterberg 31 and Franzen 32. We're not as young as I thought we were
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• THEY ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE!!!
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Ericcson is making 3.25 million next season?!?!?! What a joke of a contract that is.
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                            Lidstrom earned every bit of his 6 million this year and will next year. They will not find anyone to replace his production for that salary. One need to look at how shaky the defense looked when he was out. They need to shake things up a bit but they pretty much need him back.
                            I agree his leadership is invaluable but his playing time has gone down because he is no longer capable of playing the monster minutes he has become known for.

To put 10% of your cap money on a player that is getting long in the tooth is not wise.

Cleary and Holstrom are probably gone. Stuart may walk also.

Lidstroms production from last year can be surpassed by signing Suter for the same amount.

The cap is new to Hockey but the mega contracts demand the players have to play up to their contracts. IMHO, Lids is no longer a 6 mil per year player. Give him 4 if he still wants to play.

Comment

• Well we're just going to disagree on this.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                                Well we're just going to disagree on this.
                                OK but, it is not our money we are talking about. It is Mr. I's and I am guessing if Lids wants to play, Mr. I will pay him.

...........after all, look how much he is giving Inge to do less.

Comment

Working...
                                X