No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ken Holland is one of those guys that can pretty much play by (and excel at) any rules you set in front of him.

Comment

• i want marian hossa back
      AAL 2013: Joseph Fauria

Comment

• Yeah I miss Hossa too. He and Dats were really good together.
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• can we separate the sedin brothers to bring one to detroit? maybe daniel :( :D
          AAL 2013: Joseph Fauria

Comment

• I'd like to make a run for Rick Nash. Always been one of my favorite non-Wings. Otherwise I would like to go for one of Suter or Weber. I know its hard to trade withing the division, but with reallignment in the future it is more possible now.

Comment

• Nashville will NEVER trade to us especially Weber. They'll do everything they can do to keep him. Someone will grab Suter from them tho.

Nash would be nice but I dont think we have the goods to land him. He's not a FA at the end of the year. Is he?

One of the players I'd like to see us get is Penner from LA. He used to kill us when he was with the Ducks and we could use his size in the playoffs. He's a beast in front of the net and could kill it with Dats. He's one of those problems on another team that could turn it around in The D.
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Normally, teams don't trade within the division... but it's not totally unheard of in the NHL.

I mean, Detroit walked away with Chris Chelios one year. If the Wings and Blackhawks could make a deal, so could the Wings and Predators. That said, the Wings would have to blow Nashville away with the offer.

Comment

• Jad is always looking for big names. The Wings have been pretty good at making deadline deals, but the big names are not always the most impactful for them. And generally they don't give a shot in the arm that season. The Chelios deal didn't really pay dividends that season, that was the one year where it was a bunch of big names went the Wings way and they got ousted fairly quickly. One of the best deadline deals was Maltby. The absolute best deadline deal they had was for a name, but it was for Murphy who got booed out of Toronto, he was thought to be washed up and not what anybody thought they needed.

What you see is what you got. They might make some move but its likely not to be for anything substantial.
                  Last edited by froot loops; February 1, 2012, 09:51 AM.

Comment

• Chemi that's a very good point regarding Chelly. We hated Chicago and they hated us. But there's a huge difference between the situations. Chicago was a horrible team that needed to rebuild. Nashville isn't, they're in the thick of the race for the top spot in our division and Weber is in his mid twenties not his late 30's like Chelly.

Weber isn't going anywhere.

Suter is a whole different ball game.
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                      Jad is always looking for big names.
                      I can't help it.. Those are the ones with the rumors behind them as to who might be available. The sneaky little deals are the ones that slide in. Just looking through the obvious, I don't have time to comb through all the rosters. That's Holland's job!!
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• So back to the big names.. I want Penner.
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Penner is known to be pretty lazy at times. Pass.

Comment

• Yeah I've heard that about Penner as well but I have a feeling Babcock can make him see the light. We really need someone with his size for the playoffs. He's a beast in front of the net.
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• I had Penner two years in a row in a Hockey Fantasy league as a back up.

I would take him in a heartbeat and have confidence he would work hard to try to be the starting goalie. I am not sure he has confidence in his coaching staff.
                              I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Are we talking about the same person? I'm talking about the hulking forward that used to play for the Ducks.
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X