Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
    The Wings seem to keep coaches for a minute!! (Sit down Dave Lewis we're not talking to you!)
    The Wings have had the benefit of an excellent front office since Ken Holland took over that has found incredible amounts of talent deep in the draft. The stability in that organization from the top all the way down (both in the offices and in the locker room) makes it possible for a coach to stay on message and not get toned out.

There's a reason clubs from many different sports try to emulate the Red Wings front office methods.

Comment

• Yeah Chemi that's def true. The Dave Lewis experiment was a disaster but the hiring of Babcock was a genius move. In my opinion Babcock doesn't get enough credit for what he does. He's like Scotty Jr, either you play D or your ass aint playing.
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Yeah Chemi that's def true. The Dave Lewis experiment was a disaster but the hiring of Babcock was a genius move. In my opinion Babcock doesn't get enough credit for what he does. He's like Scotty Jr, either you play D or your ass aint playing.
        Funny thing was, the Dave Lewis experiment wasn't even all that much of a disaster. Hasek, Yzerman, and Bowman had retired; Joseph was never going to make people forget about Hasek's ability to lock down the best offenses in the game, and there was a lot of leadership lost to expect a stable transition.

And it's not like Babcock had instant and immediate success, either. The result of his first season was a first round exit to 8-seed Edmonton, for example. But Holland felt that Babcock was a better fit for the team, and made the change.

That's been a major difference between the Red Wings and the Lions, for example. The Lions for decades have been terrified to change personnel out of the fear they wouldn't find someone better. The Wings since Holland has taken over have generally said "fuck that... good enough isn't good enough." If a better option was there, they took it, to hell with what they already had.

Comment

• Chemi, some great and sensible posts....you've slapped the puck right on the logo.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Cat View Post
            Chemi, some great and sensible posts....you've slapped the puck right on the logo.
            I have no problem giving praise where praise is due.

I seem like a cranky, bitter, pessimist when talking about the Lions because they have given me precious little to praise until very, very, recently.

Comment

• We may not have won when Lewis was coach, but he did a lot for the organization. Wasn't he the assistant that bought the left wing lock to the US.

Comment

• I thought that was Barry Smith. Wasn't he the Swedish connection?
                Last edited by Tony G; December 3, 2011, 06:49 PM.
                Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• I believe that was Barry Smith.
                  "We'll know for the first time if we're evil or divine. We're the last in line." - Ronnie James Dio

Comment

• I'm corrected.

Comment

• Dave Lewis was an awesome assistant HC. He sucked ball sack as the head man. It was obvious come playoffs he couldnt run this team.
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Dave Lewis was an awesome assistant HC. He sucked ball sack as the head man. It was obvious come playoffs he couldnt run this team.
                        I can think of roughly 15+ NHL teams who would love to experience what you label a "disaster."

Comment

• NHL realignment puts Red Wings in eight-team Midwest-based conference

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20111206/...#ixzz1fjjKw7Dq

Comment

• Comment

• It kind of looks like an expanded version of the divisions and playoff format they had in the 80s

Comment

• conferences? divisions makes more sense.
                                Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

Working...
                                X