No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going home to get some sleep before the game!!

On a seperate but similar topic.. I LOATHE THIS F'ING PLAYOFF BEARD!!
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Let's hope you loathe it thru June.

Comment

• I have no choice but to agree with that statement.
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• GO beard GO!!!

GO LIONS "11" !
          GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• At least there's one team that I can count on to do things right...

Comment

• I've probably said this before but Lidstrom might be the greatest Wing ever. I know many would say that's heresy considering Howe and Yzerman but he's just so good he has to be considered.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
                I've probably said this before but Lidstrom might be the greatest Wing ever. I know many would say that's heresy considering Howe and Yzerman but he's just so good he has to be considered.
                I don't think it's heresy. By position, Lidstrom is regarded as the second or third best all time. No one says that about Stevie or Gordie. There's always a tendency by fans to overvalue offense compared to defense, just because scoring is in the box score and makes the highlight reel.
                I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!

Comment

• Oh, I dare say when people talk about the best forwards of all time, Gretzky and Howe get damn near equal billing in relation to their eras.

But Lidstrom is definitely Howe-like in his importance to the Red Wings, and as dodger mentioned, is one of the two or three best defensemen of all time. Honestly, as a pure defender, he's the superior to Bobby Orr as far as I am concerned. Orr changed how defensemen played the game; and Lidstrom damn near perfected it.

Comment

• Howe was Yzerman in his era. In the 50s he played second fiddle to Richard, and in the 60s to Hull.

Comment

• Originally posted by gjdodger View Post
                      Howe was Yzerman in his era. In the 50s he played second fiddle to Richard, and in the 60s to Hull.
                      Well, I'll yield to your experience, as I understand you lived during the era.

Comment

• And on current NFL events; Howard is playing out of his mind right now.

Comment

• He's getting a lot of help, too; the Wings have blocked a bunch of shots. But the Sharks really dominated most of the second.

Comment

• Yeah, the defense has been solid too. The Sharks can't run their offense because the Wings keep pressuring them at the blue line.

Comment

• Weak ass penalty gives San Jose a power play they convert on.

When did bumping someone into the boards constitute boarding? That was such a fucking weak ticky-tack call. Nice acting job, Pavelski.

Red Wings need their swim trunks, since it looks like San Jose is gonna be diving a lot this series.

Comment

• Jesus Christ, what is this shit? The Red Wings can't touch a Shark now? Another bullshit ticky-tack penalty.

Pure bullshit.

Comment

Working...
                                X