No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here are some interesting penalty numbers from some of the home teams' first two games in several of this year's playoff series so far, compared to Detroit's....Detroit has taken SIXTEEN penalties in two games, seven in game one and nine in game two. In its first two home games, Vancouver, in contrast had SIX total penalties called against them. Washington had FOUR total penalties. Boston had EIGHT total penalties. Pittsburgh had TEN. San Jose had TWELVE.

In other words the Wings took 25% more penalties than the Sharks and far more than that vs the other home teams mentioned. Apparently they committed nearly THREE TIMES as many penalties than the Canucks and FOUR TIMES as many as the Caps. Of course that is understandable considering the Wings' roster boasts such goons as Datsyuk and Lidstrom.
    The only logical explanation is:
    I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• The only questionable calls I saw in game 2 were the interference calls, all the rest they earned no matter where they were playing. They were going a little overboard with the interference.

Comment

• The Wings are old and slow, Deac. I mean relatively, of course; their stick handling and other skill levels are still very high. But it's the same reason they've had all these injuries the last couple of years. They can't get out of the way fast enough. If a football, basketball or hockey team gets more penalties or fouls than the other team, it's usually because they don't get to their spots fast enough.
        I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!

Comment

• The Wings arent slow.. We have some forwards that can turn it on. Dats, Z, Helm, Abdlekader, Draper, Modano, Eaves and Miller all have decent speed.
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I'm not talking flat out fast speed skating. As you get older, your reactions get slower.

Comment

• The NHL owns the Coyotes. You expect things to be called fair?

Comment

• I didnt know that.
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• So if they win the Cup, Bettman gives it to himself?

Comment

• He gives it too himself all the time why stop now?

Comment

• Sounds like the Mule's gotta wear a visor and doesn't like it.

Edit--the mlive article didn't have the whole story. Franzen's discomfort is due to a sore ankle. He will try numbing it up ahead of tonight's game.
                      Last edited by gjdodger; April 18, 2011, 04:33 PM.

Comment

• I've started numbing up myself.

Comment

• GOALLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Salei!!!
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2-0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Doan went after Lids?? What a moron.
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X