No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOL. EVERYBODY is starting to talk like Schwartz.
    I think the NFL has taken a Q from the NHL not to disclose injury's. This was possibly started by the great Scotty Bowman.

Comment

• Yes, the NFL always follows the lead of hockey.
      I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!

Comment

• Hockey is the only other contact/collision sport.

Comment

• Originally posted by gjdodger View Post
          Yes, the NFL always follows the lead of hockey.
          **Snort**
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
            **Snort**
            <<<<<<<<waiving the red cape>>>>>>>>>>> Here, bully, bully, bully........
            I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• As I'm sure you're aware, WingsFan, the NFL actually has an injury listing system in which players are categorized as to how likely they are to play the following week. We've had this discussion more than a few times, but the NFL also monitors listings to see whether teams are lying; ie whether all the guys they list as "questionable" (50-50%) play the following week. No, the NFL did not learn from Scotty Bowman how to conceal injuries. They learned from George Fucking Halas how to conceal injuries.

Comment

• As I'm sure you're aware, WingsFan, the NFL actually has an injury listing system in which players are categorized as to how likely they are to play the following week.
                No, I wasn't aware of that, I don't follow all things in the NFL as college. When Jim Schwartz was named Lions coach one of the first things he did was visit the Red Wings at the Joe. He did a local interview with Babcock. Schwartz pointed to the rafters at all the banners and said something to the fact this is what I want to build for the Lions. Who knows what Babs might have said tio him.

Comment

• I think all Detroit new coaches do that sort of thing, kind of like showing the fans that they care about all of the town's teams. Yeah, every team has to list all the injured players every week, and assign them "out," "doubtful," "questionable" and "probable" depending on whether they're 0, 25, 50 or 75 percent likely to play. And since Bill Bellichek is still in our midst, the league also goes through who actually does play to see if anybody is abusing the system.

Comment

• Just 18 days until the playoffs. The Red Wings got good news on goalie Jimmy Howard Sunday. The MRI on his injured left shoulder came back clean.
                    "I just was hoping it wasn't anything serious and it wasn't," Howard said. "The MRI came back and it was fine — just a sprain. I dodged a bullet."

While coach Mike Babcock said Howard's status would be evaluated daily, Howard said he hopes he can return as soon as Wednesday against St. Louis.

Comment

• Originally posted by FCRhodes View Post
                      Jordan Pearce
                      I heard someone else talk about him.. Is he pretty good?
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Tooz. Johnson. Elbow. Earectomy. Game misconduct. Possible suspension. Discuss.

Comment

• It wasn't an intentional head shot. No suspension.

Actually a litlle nastiness from the Wings may go a long way. Seems we are always on the other end.

Comment

• Originally posted by FCRhodes View Post
                            It wasn't an intentional head shot. No suspension.

Actually a litlle nastiness from the Wings may go a long way. Seems we are always on the other end.

Already forgotten...

Comment

• Probie!!! Probie!!! Probie!!!
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Wings confirm, no suspension.

Comment

Working...
                                X