Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
    I got my playoff beard going already, I see a good long run to the finals this year!
    I always shave after the last regular season game to start a fresh playoff beard. This year I talked my cousin into doing the same, and if they win the Cup we agree to never shave it off. ZZTOP style.

Comment

• McSorley was one tough player. Have you heard the song by Kathleen Edwards, "I make the dough, you get the glory"? There is a line about Gretzky and McSorley. "Your Wayne Gretzky, I'm Marty McSorley... I make the dough, you get the glory."

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
        That is bullshit! Did you watch Marty though his career? He was the 'The Great One's" Bodyguard and one of the toughest guys to every play the game. Wayne Gretzky would not approve a trade without McSorley coming along with him. He was crucified after a terrible mistake of hitting Brashear with his stick after Brashear would not fight after taking out his goaltender in Boston - injuring his knee which resulted in the goalie being stretchered off. McSorley played 18 years in the NHL and never played again after this suspension, the longest in NHL history.

Welcome to Gary Bettmans NHL (take cheap shots and run away!) To say McSorley was out to "kill people" is ignorant on your part. After that many years, he's a killer ?? (on his very last shift) - right!
        It was a joke. I swear, there are people on this board who have had their senses of humor surgical removed. One throwaway line about a hockey player who slashed a defenseless opponent trying to kill somebody and you get a 1,000 word treatise.
        I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!

Comment

• Oh ok, well never mind :-)

I always shave after the last regular season game to start a fresh playoff beard. This year I talked my cousin into doing the same, and if they win the Cup we agree to never shave it off. ZZTOP style.

Good deal

Comment

• Jimmy Howard hurt his shoulder tonight.... had to be helped off the ice. Ken Holland said about Howard. "probably sprain or a strain.” He added Howard would have a precautionary MRI and would only say it was an “upper-body” injury.

Comment

• Looks like Holland has been taking some lessons from the Jim Schwartz School of Public Relations.

That was a joke obviously. If anything, Schwartz stole the tendency of being vague about injury reports from hockey teams. Hell, hockey coaches used to outright lie about who was injured and where.

Comment

• If Howard is out an extended period, I hope we get to see that rookie they were talking about during the game. I know the Wings organization likes to lean on veterans but I wouldn't mind taking a chance on a rookie if he shows promise. I would feel better if we had Nabakov but if our choices are a washed up Osgood and MacDonald who's never really shown anything, I wouldn't mind giving the rookie a shot.

Comment

• Which rook? McCullem?
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• LOL. EVERYBODY is starting to talk like Schwartz. Chris McCosky:
                    Holland called it an upper-body injury, and judging by Howard's reaction to the pain, it is believed to be a shoulder.
                    He's got a shoulder!

Comment

• I can't remember the guy's name.

Comment

• "If Howard is out an extended period, I hope we get to see that rookie they were talking about during the game."
                        -----------------------------There isn't an "extended period" left in the season.

GO LIONS "11" !
                        GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Seven games. I wonder if they'll just put Howard on the shelf. It's the NHL; it doesn't matter where they get seeded as long as they make the playoffs.

Comment

• I know. But it sounds like Howard's shoulder injury is not that serious so I guess he'll be back for the playoffs.

Comment

• Damn you Garth Snow!!!!
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
                                I can't remember the guy's name.
                                Jordan Pearce

Comment

Working...
                                X