No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To me, Vancouver is like San Jose. I'll believe it when I see it.

I wasn't thrilled with the Maltby re-signing. I think they should focus on younger guys who can throw their bodies around a little more and who have a little more hunger.

Comment

• I actually like it, he'll spend the year in the minors and can bring a lot to youngsters
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Maltby was a great signing as an insurance policy. Looks like the Wings will be trainging him to be a future assistant coach. Hopefully the youngsters step up and we never see Maltby play in Detroit again, even though I have always been a fan of his.

Comment

• I agree with the insurance thought. If he is willing to split time in GR (really, for a vet like him, that would be somewhat of an insult) and was totally healthy in March, I could see him on the regular roster for the playoffs.
          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Can't believe Meech slid through waivers.

Comment

• Yeah thats hard to believe no one grabbed Meech
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I am guessing it is not the talent but, the contract.

Comment

• Hey Wingsfan, did you post a comment at the freep after the Michigan ND game?

Saw a comment posted by someone who called their self Wingsfan.

Comment

• No that wasn't me, I post mostly in the Michigan forum and a college football fourm.

Comment

• Franzen avoided serious injury on what he said was a dirty play by Penguins defenseman Brooks Orpik. Franzen suffered a charley horse and did not play in the final two periods.

Orpik was given a five-minute major for kneeing Franzen.

"It's terrible," Franzen said. "Stupidest play I ever seen. He lifted his foot up and put his knee inside of my leg.... I just put the puck back down deep and was trying to go get it, and he threw his knee out."

Orpik's actions did not sit well with Wings forward Todd Bertuzzi, who stood up for Franzen and immediately pounded the Penguin. Bertuzzi picked up 17 minutes in penalties -- five for fighting, two for instigating and a 10-minute misconduct. Franzen, 30, didn't skate today. He said he hoped to skate in the next day or two.

Does Orpik deserve to be suspended? "Yeah," Franzen said. Wings coach Mike Babcock wasn't happy about the hit. "I didn't think it was a very good hit," Babcock said. "I don't think they'd be happy if one of our guys did that to Sid (Crosby) or (Evgeni) Malkin. It's one of those things that in the league we like to look after each other's knees."

Comment

• Originally posted by nieshengsheng
                        :-D:-D
                        ?????

Comment

• I wish I couldve seen Orpik getting his ass kicked by Bert for that hit. Thats so uncalled for especially in preseason.
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• I like what Babs has done with the D pairings to start the season.

Lids/ Kronwall
                            Rafi/Stewart
                            Ericcson/Salei

It puts a good offensive dman with a gritty dman. I'm really hoping Salei brings something out of Ericcson. Either he'll let him flourish running the point or he'll bring out a nasty side to him. Either way I like that pairing a great deal.
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• also they better cut Lids ice time down a great deal this regular season to keep him somewhat fresh for the playoffs.
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                                also they better cut Lids ice time down a great deal this regular season to keep him somewhat fresh for the playoffs.
                                I ditto this. By the playoffs, Lidstrom looked like he was running on fumes.

Comment

Working...
                                X