Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by foxhopper View Post
    Funny, last weekend I found an old Huber card from 79, or 80, while going through an old box of junk. It must have been lost in there since I was a kid.

RIP, Willie
    Originally posted by Drew View Post
    If you hadn't found it, he'd still be alive today.
    Time to leave the boxes of junk to explore when you are retired and have nothing else to do.

......hopefully the other no named sports figures will have a few more days.....;-)
    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• I'll donate 10$ toward you purchasing a Matt Millen rookie card.
      Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Originally posted by nhwbrooklyn View Post
        I'll donate 10$ toward you purchasing a Matt Millen rookie card.
        LOL! I would raise you ten but I wish no harm against those who have not harmed me.

Comment

• Where have you been the last decade, Marko?

Comment

• The Hossa deal hurt the Hawks cap space.

Man, seeing lots of Chicago people up here on vacation wearing their Blackhawks gear. Hate 'em! Obnoxious jerks.
            I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• The Hossa deal hurt the Hawks cap space.
              Winning the Staney Cup after a half a century is worth it.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                Where have you been the last decade, Marko?
                LOL. You know what I meant.

Comment

• I think 6 of the Blackhawks are gone off the Stanley Cup winning team in just a few short weeks.

CHICAGO -- The salary purge and roster revamping of the Stanley Cup champion Chicago Blackhawks continued Thursday when they sent forward Andrew Ladd to the Atlanta Thrashers.

The move came a day after Chicago traded versatile forward Kris Versteeg to the Toronto Maple Leafs. Last week, Chicago dealt playoff star Dustin Byfuglien, Brent Sopel and Ben Eager to Atlanta and shipped Colin Fraser to Edmonton.

Dale Tallon tried to speed up the contending process by throwing excessive money at players. He signed free agents Brian Campbell ($7.3 million) and Huet ($5.6 million) to huge deals and he paid checking line players guys like Bolland $3 million and Kopecky $1.2 million. Tallon also signed UFA Marian Hossa to a rich deal. All of those decisions by Tallon meant that there would not be enough money to maintain the team's depth as they young players began signing their 2nd and 3rd NHL contracts. Tallon's foolish contracts helped Chicago in the near term at the cost of foreshortening the club's window of contention in the long run. You could argue that winning the Cup was worth sacrificing team depth--but don't blame the cap for that consequence--it was a strategic choice, not some unpredictable edict forced upon the team. They rolled the dice, won their Cup and now have to slash the team's depth--and you should credit or blame Dale Tallon for both outcomes.

Comment

• What once was merely speculation has now been confirmed by Red Wings general manager Ken Holland: Detroit has interest in Livonia's own Mike Modano.

The obvious problem with all of this talk about signing Modano is the fact that the Wings don't have much cap space to work with and they have enough forwards on one-way contracts as it is. This has led many people to write off the possibility of Modano signing with Detroit, but general manager Ken Holland said today that, while nothing may come of this, he is interested in the former Dallas Star.

Comment

• Mike Modano? Isn't he like 500 years old?
                      To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• He turns 507 on the 7th of Aug..

GO LIONS "10" !!!!!!!!!!
                        GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• I just read that Bob Probert died at the age of 45.

wow and how terribly sad. Hard living.
                          Forever One!

Comment

• Just heard the same thing Mass. Wonder if it was heat exhaustion.

GO LIONS "10" !!!!!!!!!!
                            Last edited by DanO; July 5, 2010, 04:06 PM.
                            GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Former Detroit Red Wing Bob Probert dies after collapsing in boat

Comment

• From what I heard, the first thing I thought of was heat exhaustion.

Comment

Working...
                                X