No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess I don't understand the love for Probert. I was a fan during the mid to late 80's but after what he did to help sink the team, he really ticked me off. The guy was an alcoholic and a drug addict. I'm glad he's straightened out his life but he really screwed the Wings.
    He never screwed the Wings, (maybe himself) he got in trouble a couple times off the ice, once with Kocur at the border (cocaine) and by the time he crashed his motorcycle he was a free agent and was on the down side of his poiceman days. The Wings let him go. Probert, Kocur , Yzerman ...ect brought excitement to the team who was known as the 'Dead Wings' . If he really screwed the Wings people would not forget and would not like him.
    Last edited by WingsFan; June 4, 2010, 03:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
      Yserman.
      I hate to be the spell ahole here, but did you really just butcher Stevie Y's name!!
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• done

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
          I guess I don't understand the love for Probert. I was a fan during the mid to late 80's but after what he did to help sink the team, he really ticked me off. The guy was an alcoholic and a drug addict. I'm glad he's straightened out his life but he really screwed the Wings.
          It's like an old love. After a while you only remember the good times.
          I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Killing me to see Leino play so well.
            I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
              Killing me to see Leino play so well.
              No friggin $hit!!!! They new the kid had talent. I was really surprised to see us trade him but he just never put it togther and he even played with Dats for a short time. Too bad so sad.

It seems like we're just getting older and older. Imagine the youth infusion had Leino figured it out AND we got Huder back.
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Leino couldn't seem to put it all together in Detroit. Always seemed to be tweakin' something too.

I wasn't shocked to see the Wings let him go, and I'm not totally shocked he's developed nicely elsewhere.

Comment

• Didn't Probert and a couple of guys (including Klima) go get drunk the night before a big playoff game against Edmonton? Probert was developing into the prototypical "power forward" by being both a tough guy and being a scorer but he let his vices get the best of him.

I don't think the cocaine incident at the border involved Kocur but I could be wrong.

DetroitDad08, I both watch Smallville and think Lana is hot. I'm not sure why you call her a homewrecker but I haven't finished watching this season so I don't know if something's developed in the final 8 episodes. (Please don't spoil it for me.)

Comment

• [youtube]nfuUI-Y-ZN0[/youtube]

Comment

• They don't call Chicago the second city for nothing.
                      ------------
                      <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• Eh, it's the first time the Stanley Cup has been in Chicago in nearly 50 years. Let 'em have their fun.

Wait... that's not true. Chris Chelios took the Cup to Chicago twice...

... as a Detroit Red Wing. :D

Comment

• Next subject
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Chicago has always been jealous of the Wings.

They got a nice young team now though. No doubting that. They should contend for a while.
                            Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Bring Scotty back.. F the hawks..
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• They going to lose a lot, but keep the good young players. So they should be good for the future, 49 years was a long wait to chant Detroit sucks right after you finally get the Cup back! About a classy as those av fans in the 90s.

Comment

Working...
                                X