No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's no shame in losing to this SJ team. I hate them but they're tough as hell.

Going forward it'll be interesting as to how we handle the offseason. With Hudler coming back we're not going to be much of a changed squad with so much of our money already wrapped up. Obviously it'd be ideal to get Lids to comeback for one more at a reduced cost so we can spend money elsewhere but would he even take a cut under his 7 mil?

I'd bring back Bert too. He's still got it but I wouldnt look for him to be on the top 2 lines.
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• also great experience for Howard as a rookie. He really was the reason we made the playoffs so I hope the oust doesn't affect him too much since our fan base can come calling for his head. He REALLY needs to work on the rebounds and got beat 5 hole far too much but he's def the best young goalie we've had in a really really long time.

I'd also like to see McCullem get some time with the club next year.
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I'll root for the Sharks now. Rob Blake is an ex-student of mine from his time at BGSU. He really is a nice guy, with a little edge when he has his skates on. Also very intelligent.

Comment

• I cant root for those schmoes but I do like Blake. I was hoping the Wings were gonna get him a few years back when he was available (trade i believe).

I also remember when the Avs got him. He made that team so much better.
          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• so it's done..

last one out turn off the lights and close the door til next season k ?

thx
            Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• I never understood why Blake refused a deal that would send him to the Wings. I guess he fell in love with the West Coast from his time in LA.

Anyway, I hope the Wings look at Marleau although I can't believe they have room for his cap hit.

Comment

• Oh that's right!! Blake didnt want to come to the D. I forgot about that. That's when we traded for Stuart instead right?
                Last edited by jaadam4; May 9, 2010, 04:02 PM.
                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Thank you Wings for once again showing us what a great team is like.
                  To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• I'm not sure if that's when they decided to go with Stewart instead but I do remember Blake turning down a deal that would have sent him to Detroit. I always thought it was odd considering he was from Ontario and he would have been placed on a contender. It almost seemed like he wasn't interested in winning.

Comment

• Good season, disappointing end, get back to the drawing board. Priority #1 is getting Lidstrom to come back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
                        I'm not sure if that's when they decided to go with Stewart instead but I do remember Blake turning down a deal that would have sent him to Detroit. I always thought it was odd considering he was from Ontario and he would have been placed on a contender. It almost seemed like he wasn't interested in winning.
                        He might have built a hate for the RWs. I know I don't like any of the old Avs (Sakic excluded).
                        ------------
                        <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• Well, they got further than I expected. The erratic play all year long was a red flag that this team had issues. Mr. Illitch proclaimed he is more proud of this team than any other (presuming it is because of the obsticals they had to overcome) however, as a fan, I am not particularly proud of this team because of the inconsistent play.

I will however, acknowledge that when a team loses 3 players that will score you 70 Goals, there is going to be a problem.

The problem with this team was not scoring goals but, the D was soft and hung their rookie goalie out to dry.

The rook got them into the playoffs. The D did not advance them.

Soft D=early exit.

Get the golf clubs out boys. You do deserve a rest.
                          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Just one last gripe about the officiating in Wings series

Mickey is the man!! Even after I was done posting last night he was having a shit-fit still steaming over the Franzen elbow non-call, with should have put the Wing on a 5 minute PP instead of giving up the winning goal. Hey, I might be a homer like Mickey - at least I admit to it.

A bias perspective when the tendency interferes with the ability to be impartial, this is why the Red Wing lost. Detroit was the #2 LEAST penalized team and San Jose was the 8th MOST penalized team, yet that absolutely flipped on it's head in the series.

Last edited by WingsFan; May 9, 2010, 05:20 PM.

Comment

• Because when you're the team chasing the puck all series, you tend to be the team that gets whistled most often. That's why the calls were flipped on its head.

The Wings (especially in Game 2, when the "discrepancy" was at its worst) couldn't win a face off to save their lives. They were always chasing the puck and pressured in their defensive zone.

The longer that happens, the more likely you're going to get a penalty called. That's the way it has been for decades.

The Wings of their "dynasty" period were accused of favoritism for years because they'd play games where they'd get whistled 2 or 3 times, and their opponent would get 6, 7, 8... it's because the Wings controlled the puck, pressured their opponents, and put them on their heels, where penalties are most often called.

This is hardly new. The Wings got hit with the sin bin hammer because outside of one game, the Sharks controlled vast portions of the play. They had the advantage in puck possession and face-offs.

In other words, the Wings got beat at their own game.

Yes, the officiating was horrible. But this was hardly new. They didn't start sucking ass in this series. We're just not used to seeing the Wings being the team chasing the puck all series.

Comment

• Because when you're the team chasing the puck all series, you tend to be the team that gets whistled most often. That's why the calls were flipped on its head.
                                I don't disagree with that statement, but the Sharks were diving all series as im going to post a video.

The Wings inability to win faceoffs and their terrible defensive zone turnovers, hurt bad. To nullify the refs of any responsibility in the outcome of this series because of the fact that the Wings were not playing as well as they should seems to me to be simply insufficient. In fact, I would say that such a claim does a disservice to the game of hockey in general. Towing the company line, the fact of the matter is that the Wings lost all four of their games in this series by one goal, and in three of the four games the refereeing had a direct influence on the end results.

Same officiating happened in 2008, but people don't remember b/c we were a better team and getting shorthanded goals. This years team was not good enough to beat San Jose and Bettman's cocksucking officials.

Comment

Working...
                                X