Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    Some of the best wings defensive forwards were guys like draper and maltby who they got for a song.
    Are you forgetting the 2 best defensive forwards in the league in Federov and Stevie Y? Lids in the prime of his career?

and dont dismiss the offense that this team had. like I said, our 4th line consisted of HoFers. It's hard for the other team to get the puck and do something with it when the Wings O was that gifted.
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
      On a semi-related note.

CBS Sports linked the article I wrote on Game 3 to their NHL page.

Got $50 bucks out of the deal too. Which was probably the ONLY good thing I got out of that abortion of a game.

I guess I can fool some people that I know what I'm talking about.
      where's the link...
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pistol View Post
        How bout them Blackhawks? :-)

Holy shit he's alive!!!
        Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
          Are you forgetting the 2 best defensive forwards in the league in Federov and Stevie Y? Lids in the prime of his career?

and dont dismiss the offense that this team had. like I said, our 4th line consisted of HoFers. It's hard for the other team to get the puck and do something with it when the Wings O was that gifted.
          1. Yzerman was not one of the best defensive forwards in the league. He became a very good defensive player but you are falling victim to hyperbole.

2. Lidstrom is not a forward.

3. Fedorov was one of the best defensive forwards and was used to mark opposing centers. But not all the time. The Wings used Draper a lot for that. In 2002 they leaned on him for the offense. Yzerman had a bad wheel and couldn't play center, previous times where Fedorov had to mark the opposing center had to be scrapped because they needed him, he probably should have won the Conn Smythe. The Wings need that with Zetterberg and Datsyuk, they get run down because they have to play the top center. It hurts them offensively, they need to find a new draper and Maltby.

In 2002 a line considered that had some hall of famers, but really wasn't the 4th line. It got as many minutes as the Draper/McCarty/Maltby line. But again, I didn't say that team was great defensively. It was OK defensively, but it wasn't the defense that used to have, it was a much better team offensively.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
            They all get big money these days, the defense has been 'not so good' and Howard has let in that one goal it seems when we really need a stop. I agree with Gonz it is very tough to field a complete team every year.

We went to the finals last year won the Cup the year before and have lost by only one goal each game so far in this series. Comparing ANY coach to Bowman who won 9 Stanley Cups with three different teams is ridiculous.

Listen, Babcock doesn't really preach defense, you can blame the refs or the salry cap, but they just aren't sound defensively. Just watch the games, the team is putting themselves is numerous bad situations. You don't need hall of famers to play good defense.

In some ways this reminds me of a early 90's Wing squad. Bad goaltending is a symptom of a larger issue, bad team defense. They aren't playing well enough to overcome shoddy goaltending, but they probably aren't playing well enough even if they had good goaltending

Comment

• Going to the western conference finals, and the Stanley Cup finals twice in the last 3 years and people still complain, unreal.

CBS Sports linked the article I wrote on Game 3 to their NHL page.
              Juile H used to have her hatred toward Yserman linked on The Sporing News web site.

Comment

• Julie H was a nut if she was real. I got the feeling she was just trying to get a rise out of Wings fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                  Going to the western conference finals, and the Stanley Cup finals twice in the last 3 years and people still complain, unreal.

Juile H used to have her hatred toward Yserman linked on The Sporing News web site.
                  I hope the Sporting News didn't pay her...

Comment

• Within a 1:30 of the first period:

Detroit - Too Many Men on the Ice.

Comment

• If (and this is a big if) the Wings keep this up, we'll see a Game 5.

They have a 2-0 lead, and San Jose looks surprised; like they were expecting the Wings to roll over and quit.

Comment

• Franzen with a natural hat trick. Could be four goals if he gets the first one too.
                        ------------
                        <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• Okay... forget keeping it up.

I think we're seeing a Game 5.

Franzen with four goals in a little over 5 minutes.

Comment

• If the Sharks didn't already pretty much have this series in hand, I'd feel embarrassed for them.

That's like... what... the third goal in the playoffs against them that was last touched by their own players?

Comment

• San Jose looks to be waving the white flag.

Nabokov pulled between periods for Griess.

Comment

• Bertuzzi with another pretty assist. To Rafalski this time. 6-0
                                ------------
                                <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

Working...
                                X