Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
    Yzerman must have been treated like the drunk uncle no one likes early in his career then.

Some family.

My opinion of Yzerman (or the Red Wings organization) certainly wouldn't drop in the slightest if he decided he wanted out from under Ken Holland's shadow and try his hand at making the decisions for a team.

Or would you rather tell Holland to take a hike to keep Yzerman in the "family"?
    I have no idea what you're even talking about with the first couple lines of text.

and hell no I don't want Holland to leave. I'd just rather keep Stevie Y in house.
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• In defense of the Wings being in the penelty box,: The one thing that really pisses me off, in any sport, is when the zebra's control the outcome. That was so very obvious in last nights match. If you're going to be a shitty referee, and call a ticky-tacky game like last nights was, then be consistant and call it the same both ways . The Wings took some penelties I questioned and both teams got away with more than they should have. It seemed the refs were constantly skating in quickly to keep a fight from breaking out and then calling a penelty shortly thereafter. Both of Bertuzzi's penelties were after breaking up a near altercation.

And what's up with the the Lambier Flop by the Shark's goalie? Wings got called for that in game one, he does it 2x without a call.
      "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• By my count San Jose had nine power plays to the wings three. There's no doubt four of the calls against the wings were disgusting and one was certainly questionable. On the flip side there was a horrible call for goalie interference against the Sharks. The power plays gave San Jose the win, but we must give credit where it's due. This team is playing well. Their defence forced Franzen to the outside all night when he was on the attack and they pulled a great magic act, making the mighty Zetterberg non existent. I notice Mike shortened the bench and went with three lines in the third. The Sharks kept on rolling. Helm had not been nearly the force I thought he would be and I thought Rafalski was tentative whenever he had the puck. San Jose was the better team, but still the Wings would have won were it not for the officiating.That's two games in a row where the Sharks have been given too many advantaqes, it better even out at home.

On another note, for all of you in Detroit, my sympathies on losing a police officer yesterday. Very sad indeed.
        Last edited by The Cat; May 3, 2010, 09:04 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by nhwbrooklyn View Post
          Radio guys are saying this was the worst reffed game all year.
          Of course they did.

That's what DET fans do.

I didn't watch the game yesterday but I did expect to come in and see complaining about officiating. That's just what I expect.

Don't sweat it.

Home ice leads right now.

Time to get even.
          19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Tool alert!
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I love having a stalker.

But I hope he doesn't think I love him like he loves all the men he's served with in close quarters (real close) for so long.
              19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by bill catalano View Post
                By my count San Jose had nine power plays to the wings three. There's no doubt four of the calls against the wings were disgusting and one was certainly questionable. On the flip side there was a horrible call for goalie interference against the Sharks. The power plays gave San Jose the win, but we must give credit where it's due. This team is playing well. Their defence forced Franzen to the outside all night when he was on the attack and they pulled a great magic act, making the mighty Zetterberg non existent. I notice Mike shortened the bench and went with three lines in the third. The Sharks kept on rolling. Helm had not been nearly the force I thought he would be and I thought Rafalski was tentative whenever he had the puck. San Jose was the better team, but still the Wings would have won were it not for the officiating.That's two games in a row where the Sharks have been given too many advantaqes, it better even out at home.

On another note, for all of you in Detroit, my sympathies on losing a police officer yesterday. Very sad indeed.
                They had ten power plays due to the lazy change that led to Detroit getting whistled for too many men on the ice with a minute left in the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by bill catalano View Post
                  By my count San Jose had nine power plays to the wings three. There's no doubt four of the calls against the wings were disgusting and one was certainly questionable. On the flip side there was a horrible call for goalie interference against the Sharks. The power plays gave San Jose the win, but we must give credit where it's due. This team is playing well. Their defence forced Franzen to the outside all night when he was on the attack and they pulled a great magic act, making the mighty Zetterberg non existent. I notice Mike shortened the bench and went with three lines in the third. The Sharks kept on rolling. Helm had not been nearly the force I thought he would be and I thought Rafalski was tentative whenever he had the puck. San Jose was the better team, but still the Wings would have won were it not for the officiating.That's two games in a row where the Sharks have been given too many advantaqes, it better even out at home.

They had ten power plays due to the lazy change that led to Detroit getting whistled for too many men on the ice with a minute left in the game.

Yes, the officiating was tight. But somehow San Jose managed to avoid getting whistled ten times. But at least five of those penalties were inexcusable and were going to have been whistled no matter how loose the game is being called. Giving the Sharks five power plays is still far too many.

Comment

• Wings don't have it this year. I've never seen a Wings team so poor winning face-offs. Can't play our brand of hockey if we don't get control of the puck.

Comment

• Chemi, This may be a discussion in semantics, but realistically the Sharks did not have ten power plays. On one Deroit penalty, San Jose was called as well
                      45 seconds later and on another call against the wings, the Sharks were called again 16 seconds later. Yes, Detroit was called ten times, but as far as I'm concerned, the one in the third period may as well have been off setting penalties.

Comment

• "I inevitably groan every single time Filippula tries to play like Zetterberg."
                        ---------------------Why. Somebody has to try and play like Zetterberg. He's not.

Here's hoping home ice cures what ails them.

GO LIONS "10" !!!!!!!!!!
                        GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• zing!!
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by FCRhodes View Post
                            Wings don't have it this year. I've never seen a Wings team so poor winning face-offs. Can't play our brand of hockey if we don't get control of the puck.
                            a friggin men... not only are we losing them last round the Coyotes scored directly from the circle.. they better do something about that in the offseason.

Drapes used to be automatic, why isnt he taking some?
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Outrage, accusations over officiating in Wings' loss to Sharks

Comment

• Blame the referees for this Red Wings loss

Comment

Working...
                                X