Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    Thankfully they won so it shuts up these insane Lidstrom bashers. Some of these people I hear on those talk shows are certifiably insane. Sometimes I just have to shake my head at some of the comments.
    How were they bashing him?

I noticed where he made one somewhat half-assed attempt to cover a 2 on 1 break, but that was his only real "mistake" (if you want to call it that, the bigger flub was on Rafalski that play... a player who had been dismal the entire series).

I generally don't listen to those shows, so I have no idea what was being said.

Comment

• They've been saying he's slowed down and doesn't have the same quickness. They've been talking about it for sometime now. Before yesterday's game it was a big topic on the radio.

"Phoenix almost averaged a full 5 years younger than Detroit, it was all Wings as they clearly had all the energy, jump and desire in game 7. The Coytoes looked gassed."
      ----------------------Funny thing about energy. It's somewhat based on diet and physical shape but it's much more reliant on psychological state. People always want to claim players(teams) are old and don't have the energy----Wings last game----but they didn't seem to have a problem this game. Much of your energy comes from your mind. Sometimes you have no control over it. You just can't overcome it. Sometimes you can work your way into it.

GO LIONS "10" !!!!!!!!!!
      GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Of course he's slowed down some over his career. He's 40 years old today. Hell, I'm sure he'd be the first one to tell people he's not as fast as he was when he was 25. If his game was predicated on speed he'd probably be not as effective.

But his game isn't based on speed. He's always been a technical defenseman; proper positioning, sound stickwork, knowing when to play the body and when to play the puck, mechanically mistake free hockey. The quickness was an added bonus.

The more I look back on it, the more I think Lidstrom looked somewhat average because Rafalski has been horrific. I mean, he has been truly bad, especially in this first round.

If the radio callers want to rag on someone, it should be him.
        Last edited by chemiclord; April 28, 2010, 05:54 PM.

Comment

• 90% of Radio Callers are idiots anyway. At least here its only 67%.

Comment

• I think the five-on-three defense really broke the 'Yote's back.
            "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• It might have been the immediate goal after that penalty was completely over.
              ------------
              <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• I think it was all the illegal poaching by farmers, who are afraid of the coyotes killing their livestock

Comment

• With Washington's elimination...

The Wings, provided they make it to the Stanley Cup Final... would have home ice. Against any of the remaining teams in the Eastern Conference.

Comment

• I thought these were pretty funny

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWZK_kx5TDU&NR=1"]YouTube- History Will Be Made - "Cindy Crosby"[/nomedia]

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WJaVT9pQxI"]YouTube- History Will Be Made - Cindy Crosby[/nomedia]
                    All emotions can be traced back to two basic ones........love and fear.

Comment

• Sorry one more I couldn't resist posting this one

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGgC4_MfeyI"]YouTube- History Will Be Made - Patrick Roy Statue of Liberty[/nomedia]
                      All emotions can be traced back to two basic ones........love and fear.

Comment

• Lids had a friggin laser of a goal in game 7 over Bryzgolovs shoulder. That shot was a thing of beauty.
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I'd like to have seen our boys get another day of rest before game 1 but so be it. Hopefully they keep the momentum going.

Go Wings!!
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Presidents’ Trophy winners lose for the 3rd time in the first round since 2003. The Caps have history of not just losing, but choking in the most humiliating way possible is staggering. Alex's every playoff series has been 7 games and its been that way before him. For this reason I though the Habs would take them to 6-7 games, but not actually win, they are worse than the Sharks. I can say im not surprised, but the 'Has - been - Habs' are done now, they will not go any further! - enjoy your 15 minutes OP.

And Fuck Halak and this 'standing on his head ' shit and 'ride the hot goalie'! These are the oldest most overused saying and false by most accounts in the playoffs. Goalies today just need to be in position and it takes a perfect shot, deflection or a lucky bounce to score. The Wings first goal last night was a lucky bounce that went to Dats stick for the open net.

Comment

• The second goal sure wasnt. Dats looked like Barry Sanders on that move. Bryzgolov had no clue what to do and all he did was drop his shoulder like he was going to the back hand.

I actually felt sorry for Phoenix on that one. Bryz looked like a fool.
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by SnowMeiser View Post
                                Sorry one more I couldn't resist posting this one

YouTube- History Will Be Made - Patrick Roy Statue of Liberty
                                lol!
                                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                                X