No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agreed, jaadam, mostly when the wings get beat it's because the opposing goalie dialed up his best game ever,
    "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
      That game was gift wrapped and handed to us by the refs and we blow it? We stayed on the PP to start the game and Howard gives up a bullshit SH goal. He's starting to irritate me with some of the goals he lets in. It's almost Ozziesque.

He'll make some beautiful ESPN highlight save then get schooled on something that should be stopped. We outplayed the Coyotes in every way during that opening period. Howard better dial it up or we're done.
      Then down 1 they let the Coyotes repeatedly set up shop in front of Howard - for a minute I kept looking to see if Holmstrom switched jerseys........

Comment

That game was gift wrapped and handed to us by the refs and we blow it? We stayed on the PP to start the game and Howard gives up a bullshit SH goal. He's starting to irritate me with some of the goals he lets in. It's almost Ozziesque.

He'll make some beautiful ESPN highlight save then get schooled on something that should be stopped. We outplayed the Coyotes in every way during that opening period. Howard better dial it up or we're done.
        While Howard should have stopped that, let's not forget the only reason he was put in that position was because the defense again let him down with an absolutely awful and inexcusable turnover in their own zone.

That was a complete team failure from the top on down.

Comment

• One thing about the Wings since Babcock has taken over, their defense is very inconsistent. They'll be pretty good defensively and then they will turn in a defensive performance like they have this series. Yesterday was stinkola.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
            While Howard should have stopped that
            No chem that should be end of sentence. Howard f'ing blew that shot with Z all over him. There wasnt someone cutting for the pass. Nothing.
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• They lost by four jad, they looked like crap, if they let an alleged soft goal kill the rest of the day for them, they may as well start scheduling tee times. The second and third period was an absolute abomination. Bryzgalov has let in more questionable goals yet the Coyotes are in the drivers seat.

Comment

No chem that should be end of sentence. Howard f'ing blew that shot with Z all over him. There wasnt someone cutting for the pass. Nothing.
                I am frankly tired of people who blame the goalie and no one else.

The Wings have been hanging this rookie out to dry in four of the six games so far this series. They have been failing him utterly in every aspect of the defense.

And you have the gall to blame him? Yeah, it was 1-0. Yeah, Howard let in a softie.

Problem is; the final score was 5-2. Or are you going to contend that all five were shots Howard should have stopped?

You were one of the people who were bitching that Hasek get yanked in 2002 in the first round, weren't you?

Comment

• Chem, 2 of those 5 were on Howard. The other 3 he had no chance in hell on (and about 3 others that barely missed as well).

I'll say this, you expect your goalie to bail you out on that 1st goal - that was a simple 5 holer from distance he saw cleanly. I know the Coyotes sure do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
                    Chem, 2 of those 5 were on Howard. The other 3 he had no chance in hell on (and about 3 others that barely missed as well).

I'll say this, you expect your goalie to bail you out on that 1st goal - that was a simple 5 holer from distance he saw cleanly. I know the Coyotes sure do.
                    Fraq, I am trying to get Jad (and you apparently) to see that it wouldn't have mattered if Howard was standing on his head. The entire team played like such warmed over shit they still would have lost, even if Howard stopped everything he could.

The Red Wings have far larger issues to worry about than Howard. He's not the big problem here in the least.

Comment

• All that matters now is game 7, with these teams so close either could win but Howard has to play well and not give up any soft goals.

Comment

• If the margin of error is not giving up any soft goals at all... then the Wings might as well pack up and go golfing now.

We are talking about a rookie who until this year had never played in the NHL playoffs, much less a Game 7.

Meanwhile, we have a surrounding team of veterans who have been here before, have gone all the way before... a good number of them multiple times.

They have to step up their game, and help this rookie out. For the majority of this series, they have not, and in fact have outright abandoned him.

I can almost guarantee you that Howard is going to give up one goal he normally would have stopped in Game 7. It's going to happen. If that is going to be the game breaker, the Red Wings might as well not make the trip to Phoenix at all.

Comment

• I know we all would like to think that the Red Wings can win every game if they just play their best. And every time they lose it's because they're lazy, but you know what, sometimes the other team has something to do with it as well. Phoenix is a very good team, if Howard is shaky it will be big trouble.

Comment

• Honestly the Wings could not catch a break. Everything Pho threw at the net had eyes and went in. In that regard the game should have been closer. Sometimes you see that with the Wings though. They will DOMINATE in every area. Puck control, outshooting, scoring chances yada yada... Then the other teams gets a fluke and the guys kinda go into shock. Hopefully, Pho will have a false sense of confidence and get outclassed by the wings in game 7. I also like to see Howard make a few saves early. I swear he gets cold turkey if the puck doesn't fly at him every so often.
                            AAL - Glover Quinn

Comment

• Yep, all Goailes like to see a good amout of rubber to stay sharp and in the game, my worry is if Phoenix scores on one of their first 5 shots it will be tough.

Comment

• The Red Wings are still playing????

I thought they were eliminated last week!

Comment

Working...
                                X