No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I didnt realize we were gaining so much ground on the Blackhawks. Wow.

I could def handle this.. Huds is sorely missed and would be a welcome addition next season..

DETROIT -- A potential shake-up in the front office of Russian club Moscow Dynamo might pave the way for Jiri Hudler's return to the Detroit Red Wings next season.

Hudler wants to return to Detroit, and reports out of Russia claim the general manager who signed him to a two-year, $10 million contract last July could be switching teams and might not try to prevent the skilled forward's move back to the NHL.

"We played a little phone tag the last couple of days, so maybe that was something that was happening,'' Red Wings forward Kris Draper said. "I talked to him throughout the season and he missed it here. He missed playing in Detroit. He missed the city. He had a good relationship with the guys in here.''

There were no hard feelings between the team and Hudler when he bolted for the Kontinental Hockey League. Management and players realized he received an offer he couldn't refuse.

Hudler also has kept in contact with Red Wings general manager Ken Holland and some former teammates in addition to Draper.

The Red Wings were told his contract included an out clause after one year, although that has not been confirmed.

Hudler was awarded a two-year contract worth $2.875 million a season in his NHL arbitration case last summer -- a deal he and the Red Wings agreed on beforehand. That is the pact he must honor if and when he returns to the NHL.

His former teammates hope he comes back next season.

"The quality player Huds is and a character in the locker room, I think everyone in here would be thrilled to welcome him back,'' Niklas Kronwall said. "I definitely think he misses it a little bit here, the guys in the locker room and just the life in general.

"I do think it's a little different over there. Of course, we miss him as well, not only on the ice but off the ice.''

Kronwall said he heard Hudler might visit the team soon.

Hudler, 26, had his best NHL season in 2008-09, with career highs in goals (23), assists (34) and points (57). He has a terrific shot and a knack for going to the hard areas around the net despite his size (5-foot-9, 180). He is particularly effective on the power play.

"He's a guy that a lot of people like,'' Draper said. "He's a good kid. We certainly missed a guy like that, with what he could do offensively. So if we could get him back that would be a good thing.''
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Take him back in a heartbeat.
      "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• He should have never left.

I know they threw a pile of money at him but, money can't buy you everything.

Wings surely could use him too.
        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• I remember Babs being really hard on him when he first got called up because he was slow and didnt play D. Man that all changed. He ended up playing a real nice all around game.

He'll be a nice addition especially for depth.
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• "Howard for Calder" train is picking up steam!

Comment

• Wow, what a game.

I expected Wings to be a bit more dominate over the Bluejackets.

Winning goal was pretty controversial.

I would have sided with the on ice official.

I have three problems with allowing that goal.

1. Bertuzzi was in the crease before the puck.

2. Even though the puck went off of the heal of his blade, he lifted his skate off the ice and there was a slight motion toward the net which by definition is kicking the puck.

3. Bertuzzis left foot ended up nestled in the back of Masons knee which impeded his ability to extend fully which could be goaltender interference.

Now I know all this time Bertuzzi had a guy all over him but he was fighting off the check and appeared to be the dominate one in the tussle not being pushed out of control.

Wings got lucky this one did not go into OT.

Datzuks goal was about as pretty as they get.

Howard stood on his head!

Comment

• This team is playing sick hockey.. too bad Nashville is as well, we can't catch those f'ers
                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Except the fact that the Wings have two games in hand.

Comment

• I thought it was 1? Either way right the f on..
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• You're right.. it is 2 in hand!!
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                        Except the fact that the Wings have two games in hand.
                        Plus we meet them again.

Comment

• Make no mistake how much this man has helped since his return.

Comment

• Used to comment every game how much I disliked the dude, but I admit that he was having a different kind of season before he got hurt, that is, before he planted his head into someone's fist.
                            ------------
                            <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• Lilja? Seriously?

I guess I can't get beyond him failing to clear the puck against the Ducks all those years ago in the playoffs. If we won that game we'd have been champs.
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• If and buts, I'll take 'The Big Red Machine' and are history. Unreal how many people told me we would not make the playoffs, (I told them wait till we get healthy) people need to know the Wings are the best thing in Detroit. Happy belated birthday to Mr Hockey 82 years young Wednesday!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X