• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You are indeed a smart mofo.
    ------------
    <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
      I TOTALLY AGREE JAADAM!!! You're so smart.
      The point is, you may hate that he has a Cup and a Gold Medal, but the fact remains he earned those things. He was a major player for the teams that won both. His talent and accomplishments are unquestionable and shouldn't be detracted from.

Comment

• I can not put the correlation together as to why so many NHL fans do not like S. CROSBY.

I enjoy watching him play the game. He's not my favorite NHL player by far but I don't see that the guy deserves the hate that he gets.
        19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by GONZ View Post
          I can not put the correlation together as to why so many NHL fans do not like S. CROSBY.

I enjoy watching him play the game. He's not my favorite NHL player by far but I don't see that the guy deserves the hate that he gets.
          Because the boy bitches or throws a temper tantrum when he loses. Look at his little cross check series in their last game against Detroit as an example. He pulls stunts like that pretty much every time the Penguins lose.

Is disrespectful when he wins. He pretended to not know who Gordie Howe was. Supposedly got into a snit and screamed at Mario Lemeuix (the team's owner, of all people). Refuses the traditional "handshake" at the end of a series (yeah, Detroit isn't the only team he's dismissed in such a fashion). Hell, Gonz, even the Ducks and Wings traded that respect at the end of every one of their hard fought series... and there was some genuine hate between some of the players.

Has essentially a free pass to make a run at anyone he wishes, but the minute he takes even the most remotely questionable hit, the NHL drops the hammer with punishment that exceeds similar hits on anyone else.

Basically, he's a jackass. An awesome player, but a spoiled rotten brat nonetheless.
          Last edited by chemiclord; March 23, 2010, 09:24 PM.

Comment

• He gets the hate because he's promoted so much. Pretty simple.

GO LIONS "10" !!!!!!!!!!
            GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• .......and he's a spoiled rotten brat because he can be so with the consensus of the NHL. The NHL ENABLES him.

GO LIONS "10" !!!!!!!!!!
              GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
                He gets the hate because he's promoted so much. Pretty simple.

GO LIONS "10" !!!!!!!!!!
                That's a lame reason for this NHL fan to dislike the guy.

Its as lame as hating on TIGER WOODS for being the poster child for the PGA.

I guess I don't get it because I do not watch as much Central and Eastern hockey as the rest of the country.

Comment

• How about Crosby wasn't trying to score. He was deliberately trying to hurt Zetterberg?

Comment

• Winners do whatever it takes to win. Some of it is good, some of it is iffy, some of it is cheap, some of it makes sense, some of it is necessary, some of it is quietly brilliant. I've seen it before in many sports.

IF you have the league on your side, what's wrong with that?

Wish I had that kind of push behind the sports teams I follow more often.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                      I hate that Cindy has a cup and a gold..
                      Why? He was on a team that earned them. Just because he only shows up at the last possible moment is not a reason to hate that his teams earned those honors.

Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                      Crosby is a great player, let's not forget that.

He just has a horrible attitude and general disrespect for everyone else who plays the game. Then again, considering he was coronated as the next hockey god when he was about 13 years old, is even that terribly surprising?

He gets away with it because the people in charge let him. Everyone in the NHL knows to "correct" his behavior will be met harshly by the powers that be. A two-game hit on anyone else is a ten game suspension on the next great one.

Bettman and the NHL are worried about any scenario where "his Jordan" is out of commission for any length of time. He's genuinely oblivious to the fact that the vast majority of fans outside Pittsburgh (and even a great deal in Pittsburgh) loathe Crosby. This one-man superstar treatment only makes it worse.

Rather than allow the kid to take his lumps, Bettman and the NHL coddle him, protect him, and give him every leeway they can. While it helps in the short term, all that anger and envy is building up, and my fear is eventually, someone in the NHL is going to act on it, punishment be damned, and all that pent up loathing is going to get Crosby badly, badly hurt.

And that would actually be a really bad thing. That sort of talent being put on the shelf (or worse, Steve Moore'd) would impact the game in a very negative way.
                      Any hits with the intent to injure should be treated harshly. Crosbys actions after the final horn in last nights game should have earned him a game misconduct.

Ya, I know some will say boys will be boys but, he chose to deliver an illegal hit on a player whos back was to him not once, not twice, not three times but four times until the player turned around and swung back. By not issuing a game misconduct for that type of behavior, no matter what your status in the league is, only gives a green light to play goon hockey.

The league needs to be held accountable on why the Officials did not do their job and issue a penalty for undesired behavior.

If Bertuzzi would have done the same to Cindy after the game, surely he would have been suspended for multiple games if not the rest of the season.

You can't have double standards when trying to eliminate undesirable behavior in the game. Additionally, it shows the youths that are eminating the stars they watch on TV that you can get away with bad behavior. This is unacceptable.

Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                      The point is, you may hate that he has a Cup and a Gold Medal, but the fact remains he earned those things. He was a major player for the teams that won both. His talent and accomplishments are unquestionable and shouldn't be detracted from.
                      ......well, he did score the game winning goal to win Gold in the Olympics but other than that, I would not go so far as to say he was a major part of what the rest of his team rightfully won.

Originally posted by GONZ View Post
                      Winners do whatever it takes to win. Some of it is good, some of it is iffy, some of it is cheap, some of it makes sense, some of it is necessary, some of it is quietly brilliant. I've seen it before in many sports.

IF you have the league on your side, what's wrong with that?

Wish I had that kind of push behind the sports teams I follow more often.
                      Double standards. That is what is wrong with that. Rules should be applied equally to all that participate. There should not be more than one set of rules.
                      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by GONZ View Post
                        I guess I don't get it.

FIFY
                        The only logical explanation is:
                        I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• Comment

• The Ducks are officially cooked.

Anyone care for some Duck wings?

I'll be watching DET the rest of the way.

An LA v DET matchup would be nice to see with DET whooping their arses in short order.

That would help me squash some rising up LAK fans who seem to have forgot what it was like to make the playoffs.

Comment

• Comment

• Can this Diaper get more fans than Sidney Crosby?

Comment

Working...
                                X