Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
    That's been their biggest problem so far this season.

They start tightening up in the third period. They don't lose their defensive ability, but they really stop pushing the action and go into a shell.

When you let an opponent dictate the action, eventually, they're going to score.
    Was thinking the same. Could not understand how there could be snipers not covered in the slot looking for rebounds. The O has to get lower to help out the D and leave just one or two looking to break out. I am thinking they are working too hard at trying to create odd man rushes and not hard enough at covering.
    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deacon Blues View Post
      dating advice from YT ??
      Better than dating advice from Dano

Comment

• We need Calgary and Nash to start tanking.
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• We just need to play with desperation, like last night.

Comment

• http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Court-...6&asset=&ccode=

As a DirecTV subscriber, I sure hope this means that Comcast has to stop their hardball tactics and give them fair access to VS. Just in time for the playoffs, which may or may not include the Red Wings.

Comment

• Good find FCR.
              "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• Originally posted by FCRhodes View Post
                http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Court-...6&asset=&ccode=

As a DirecTV subscriber, I sure hope this means that Comcast has to stop their hardball tactics and give them fair access to VS. Just in time for the playoffs, which may or may not include the Red Wings.
                Originally posted by Sharkbait View Post
                Good find FCR.

Hmmmmm. I see this as a gray area. In Broadcasting, exactly what is exclusitivity?

Why is it that providers of content such as the NFL is allowed to distribute their product with exclusive rights but Media Companies that own their own broadcast channels and create their own programming are not?

Comment

• Why the hell would anyone want VS anyway?

It's a horrible channel with horrible programming... a few months of scattered, limited, NHL broadcasts doesn't make up for that.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                    Why the hell would anyone want VS anyway?

It's a horrible channel with horrible programming... a few months of scattered, limited, NHL broadcasts doesn't make up for that.
                    Are you kidding me?

That is what Bettman was banking on making this channel viable. He was trying to establish a channel that people would want to watch his product.

How has that worked out?

I can tell you that as a seasoned veteran of watching Hockey, I am frustrated at trying to find the right venue for the game I want to watch.

I have reverted to reading the next day and not caring about watching the game.

.....note.....I have access to CBC which had hockey games (particularly their own teams) three to four times a week.

Bzzzzzzzt. Not any more because the premium Bettman put on broadcasting from CBC forced them to drop the contract.

Go figure from a league that needs TV exposure......

Comment

• Nice win in OT for the Wings. This next road trip is huge especially against the Calgary.

Good quote from Howard

“We owe Calgary after they embarrassed us in our own barn in the third period,” Howard said. “We’ll be ready.”

I like the kid
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Wow! Watched the game live, fell asleep during the first intermission, woke up to watch the rebroadcast later and can only say is Wow!

Wings needed this game and was up against the 2nd best goalie in the league. They found a way to get it past him and I do believe they are stepping it up a notch. Not making the playoffs this year would be a major embarrassment to this team and you can bet there would be a major shake up after the season is over if that happened.

What a thought? A major shake up when a team does not make the playoffs?

If they had a good spin doctor the could always tell the fans that hey, we had a good run, we are rebuilding.

I concur they lost a lot of talent but, this is one of the best Franchises in pro sports in identifying talent and bringing them along to compete.

Time to compete. Lidstrom can no longer carry the D by himself. They need to focus on D and Goaltending in the upcoming player procurements.

Comment

• Wings have already focused on D in drafts. Kindl will be up next year, and Kolosov may be ready the year after. Brendan Smith is a Hubey Baker award candidate and is having one of the best seasons ever scoring wise for a D man at Wisconsin. Max Nicastro is also a good looking D player at Boston U. I'm not concerned with the future of D in Detroit.

Comment

• The Wings have done an excellent job over the last several years spending high draft picks on Dmen and Goalies. Drafting McCullem was a great move. We might end up with a logjam at goalie here in a few years if Howard continues to play the part.

Now we just need these young D's to step up.
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                              The Wings have done an excellent job over the last several years spending high draft picks on Dmen and Goalies. Drafting McCullem was a great move. We might end up with a logjam at goalie here in a few years if Howard continues to play the part.

There's no such thing as having too many good goalies. At absolute worst, they become trade bait to fill in missing pieces elsewhere on the team.

That's kinda like saying a baseball team has too many good pitchers.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                                The Wings have done an excellent job over the last several years spending high draft picks on Dmen and Goalies. Drafting McCullem was a great move. We might end up with a logjam at goalie here in a few years if Howard continues to play the part.

....until they trade away the prospects for goal scorers.

The young D's are not playing NHL hockey. It is nice they are having success at the level they are at but until they experience the speed of the game in the NHL, we will not know if they can play the game.

I do have confidence in Holland and his scouting team, however it has been proven more than once that you can have a good defense man that you are counting on but the career gets cut short due to unusual circumstances.

Fact is right now, they have a pretty weak Defense. Lidstrom lost a step and can not carry the team on his back any more.

Comment

Working...
                                X