Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
    I like how the Canadians are cheering for Switzerland 2 mins to go!
    That is because they know the Yanks are the team to beat and they don't want to meet them again.
    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• I think its envy

Comment

• USA! USA! USA!

GO LIONS "10" !!!!!!!!!!
        GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• wooooooooooooooooo!

U!

S!

A!

U!

S!

A!

Normally I can't stand jim rome but he was really ragging on canadian emailers and callers today. Pretty funny.
          Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• The Canucks sure stuck it to the Russian team.
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Its just amazing to me how Drew Sharp can consistently be wrong about everything.

Gary Bettman should pull NHL out of the Olympics
              BY DREW SHARP
              FREE PRESS COLUMNIST

Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• I see the problem more with NBC, who has decided the Olympics and the NHL can't sell, more than professional players in the Olympic Games.

As for the argument the the Olympics should return to "amateurs"... frankly, that has never been true. Can't return to something that never happened.

Comment

• Those canadian ladies kept it classy lol.

Not a big deal really but somebody should have known better.

Comment

• There are a lot of Olympic sports that are more popular than hockey, most notably Figure Skating. At least they've been able to use their sister stations in MSNBC and CNBC to show the tournament.
                    Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Originally posted by nhwbrooklyn View Post
                      Its just amazing to me how Drew Sharp can consistently be wrong about everything.

Gary Bettman should pull NHL out of the Olympics
                      BY DREW SHARP
                      FREE PRESS COLUMNIST

http://freep.com/article/20100226/CO...f-the-Olympics
                      So ... he's arguing that the NHL should pull out of the Olympics because Olympic hockey is and always will be more popular than the NHL.

I fail to see what one thing has to do with the other.

Comment

• Originally posted by LightninBoy View Post
                        So ... he's arguing that the NHL should pull out of the Olympics because Olympic hockey is and always will be more popular than the NHL.

I fail to see what one thing has to do with the other.
                        Never seen someone talk out of their own ass more. I wish he would slip up like Parker did and get fired already.

Perhaps Glen Beck telling people he learned, by studying at a "free" library, that progressivism is the root of all evil.... but hes special case.

Comment

• 6-0 good ol US of A. Wow.
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• 6-1 final

Jew.S.A.
                            19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• I was a little worried with the Fins but man they sure stuck it to'em.
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Van Dusen View Post
                                There are a lot of Olympic sports that are more popular than hockey, most notably Figure Skating. At least they've been able to use their sister stations in MSNBC and CNBC to show the tournament.
                                Ya, Figure Skating draws a lot of people to watch in non Olympic years and I would question, where does the Figure Skating stats come from?

I am not so sure the viewership spikes when Figure Skating is on.

Additionally... I have a real problem in the way these Olympic Games are being broadcast. They are making sure that young people that have no exposure to an event they may want to try which, is not seen because of their broadcasting decisions.

The TV revenue has become such a big part of sports that the decisions made on broadcasting them will have an huge impact on the future generations that will attempt to participate in the event.

This is a sad statement as soon, Madden Football will become a Summer Olympic sport because that is what interests the next generation of "athletes".
                                I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

Working...
                                X