No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outstanding win tonight against a good team in Ottawa 4-1. Going to the break, I have faith it will help the Wings (Brad Stuart, Holmstrom, Filppula). The Mule is back and has been great. We don't have to worry about other teams, as long as we play like we can, like tonight. Thank God May was put on waivers, what is Kirk Maltby going to do though?

Comment

• Hang with his buddy Darren in some hole-in-the-wall bar downriver?

I really couldn't care where he goes or what he does. His time of being a productive player has long since passed.

Comment

• Leave it up to you to miss the point, Maltby had an MRI on his shoulder Friday. The plan was for him to meet with team doctors Saturday and then decide whether to have the surgery.

If Maltby elects to have surgery, his $750,000 salary comes off the books. That would give the Wings the room to activate defenseman Andreas Lilja, who has completed his four-game conditioning stint at Grand Rapids.

If Maltby elects to hold off on the surgery, general manager Ken Holland said he would either have to make a trade before the March 3 deadline or waive another player to make room for Lilja.

Comment

• No, I entirely get the point.

I don't care what Maltby does. His time as a productive player is long past.

Comment

• [youtube]lFAReX5k9cA[/youtube]

Comment

• Great fight.

GO LIONS "10" !!!!!!!!!!
              GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• If Maltby decides against surgery, waive him. Doubt if anyone would pick him up. He could rest his shoulder and come back for the playoffs (if needed) when there is no cap.

Comment

• Originally posted by FCRhodes View Post
                  If Maltby decides against surgery, waive him. Doubt if anyone would pick him up. He could rest his shoulder and come back for the playoffs (if needed) when there is no cap.
                  This.

It doesn't matter. If he opts for surgery, fine. If he doesn't, he gets waived, and no one picks him up.

In the end, there is no net loss... because Maltby's time of actually providing anything of consistent tangible value is long since past. The only reason he's even still in the NHL is the sentiment from his contribution to past teams.

Comment

• Maltby never was a point producer. He's a pest and has been damn great at it all these years. You can say what you want but having players like he and Chelly in the playoffs were huge for us.
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                      Maltby never was a point producer. He's a pest and has been damn great at it all these years. You can say what you want but having players like he and Chelly in the playoffs were huge for us.
                      He's not even a pest at this point.

That would require him being able to keep up with the action and getting to the puck before it was long gone. They could set up Maltby as one of those pylons skaters use for skill drills and no one would be able to tell the difference.

Comment

• Him and Draper are always the first ones on the ice at the beginning of the periods. They have served us well for many many years. With the contracts coming to an end, whether he decides this or if Ken Holland does. I love all of the 97 cup boys... but for some, (and most over at LGW want him to stay) its time to just move on.

Comment

• Yzerman executive director of the Canadian team will be THE hero of Canada if the team delivers the Gold for the first time ever on home turf. And im talking about bigger than anyone who ever played hockey. Also will be second guessed to death if Canada should fail.

Comment

• ...after the US team, I am rooting for Canada to take the gold.

Kinda funny. We were talking about the favorites at work the other day and my brother chooses Sweden to finish on top, tailgunner picked Russia and I took Canada. We have a little pool going.
                            I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Franzen replaced Homer for the Swedes. Talk about a cool training camp to get his legs back.
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• "...after the US team, I am rooting for Canada to take the gold."
                                --------------------Me too.

The Russians have a good team but their defense is suspect. I'm going out on a limb and picking Finland.

GO LIONS "10" !!!!!!!!!!
                                GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

Working...
                                X