No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, Jadaam is so pessimistic. Must be time for a firesale.

Comment

• I'm not saying any of that but we're over the halfway point and this team just isn't getting it done. Z isnt playing well and our top 2 lines look like shit.

Howard is the one glimmer of hope so far.
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Comment

• har har har....

look I'll be the first to tell myself "I told you so".. We just need to make the playoffs and hopefully higher then a 7-8 seed. The hawks and sharks would both destroy us right now.
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• All you need to do in the NHL playoffs is get in, seed is not that important. As a Red Wing fan you should be well aware of that. For nearly 20 years they have been a top seed and yet they have had a lot of trouble in the 1st round. To go far in the playoffs they need to beat those teams anyway.

PANDs

One of the reasons they have had trouble in the first round is because the lower seed has had to battle to get into the playoffs, they are playoff ready from the first whistle. The higher seeds are not as ready come playoff time.

Comment

• Didn't the Penguins struggle to make the playoffs last year????? Wings will make the playoffs and they have as good a chance as anyone to win the Cup if healthy. Matter of fact they could make up for BLOWING the fucking Cup last year.

GO LIONS "10" !!!!!!!!!!
              GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Anaheim was #8 seed last year, and had a good chance at winning the Cup.

Comment

• Hockey is probably the one sport out of all the "major" sports where your seeding really doesn't matter at first.

However, with that said, it is true that the largest majority of Stanley Cup finalists were either a 1 or a 2 seed... moreso than any other of the major sports.

Comment

• The only thing that matters with the seeding is home ice advantage.

It is huge in the final rounds and you always want to have home ice for critical games.

If a series goes to 7, you want game 7 to be on your ice.

However, with that said. Hockey players are warriors and they will take their game anywhere, anytime and kick their opponents ass when they are hitting on all 8 cylinders.

Wings have had to make up for their loss in scoring. They continue to have defensive lapses. They have had steady goaltending with Howard and spotty goaltending with Osgood. They will make the playoffs and the only club in the West that is a major threat is Chicago. Bowman knows this team well and knows how to craft a game plan to beat them. He also has the horses to do it.
                    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• It hurts me to say this but the Guppies, er, SHARKS are for real this year.

The past playoff hauntings should not affect their even more talented roster this year.

However, I would love nothing more than to see them and their fans suffer yet another humiliating playoff loss.

To the Ducks would be preferable.
                      19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Well Mark, home ice didn't help us against pitt last year, but yeah I get the point. It's early, the team is just now getting together and there is plenty of time to meld into a cohesive unit. I hope they do, but I don't have the optimism of previous years,

Comment

• Originally posted by GONZ View Post
                          It hurts me to say this but the Guppies, er, SHARKS are for real this year.

The past playoff hauntings should not affect their even more talented roster this year.

However, I would love nothing more than to see them and their fans suffer yet another humiliating playoff loss.

To the Ducks would be preferable.
                          Heatly has made that team unreal. He and Thornton are tough man.
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Thorton is a great player but never shows up in the playoffs.
                            I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• at least they'll make the playoffs.
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Minny schooled us last night. Ozzie was rusty as hell.
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X