No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets get back to the Wings.. So they're saying now that Huds doesnt have some card he needs even play in Moscow. WTF?
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Coincidently, I get Vs. on regular cable as well, so this doesn't hurt. Of course I never go to that channel in the hockey off season, so I may have lost it on regular cable as well.
      ------------
      <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• SI Inside the NHL Hudler

Satellite provider Dish Network is looking to capitalize on the dispute between DirecTV and Versus. Less than a day after DirecTV dropped Versus, Dish Network announced that it will make the network available to all of its subscribers for free through December 2. The move adds 9 million subscribers to Versus' distribution.

Comment

• Seriously.. Who cares about VS.. Wings.. Cup.
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
            Lets get back to the Wings.. So they're saying now that Huds doesnt have some card he needs even play in Moscow. WTF?
            Irrelevant.

The KHL doesn't recognize the IIHF's authority on this matter, and the Czech Republic has already said he's going to be on their Olympic team.

Much ado about nothing, really.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
              Lets get back to the Wings.. So they're saying now that Huds doesnt have some card he needs even play in Moscow. WTF?
              Did not read Packfans link but will. Bottom line is USA Hockey will not sign off on him. I am not sure why USA Hockey (which by the way is the governing body of all of my participation in hockey) has any jurisdiction world wide.

Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
              Seriously.. Who cares about VS.. Wings.. Cup.
              Well, the asshole known as Bettman has given VS major broadcasting rights. While he is probably exposing himself to under aged children, if you want to see a game in the post season, you have to have VS as local coverage might not have the rights to broadcast if they do not have an agreement with the NHL.

When you are watching games from Africa, I agree, who cares.....
              I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                Did not read Packfans link but will. Bottom line is USA Hockey will not sign off on him. I am not sure why USA Hockey (which by the way is the governing body of all of my participation in hockey) has any jurisdiction world wide.
                The NHL is trying to use USA Hockey to apply international pressure to keep NHL caliber talent from jumping ship to play in the KHL, like Hudler is doing. The NHL's grasp on the best talent in the world is tenuous at best, and they're afraid that a league with sufficient monetary backing (like the KHL) could supplant them.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                  The NHL is trying to use USA Hockey to apply international pressure to keep NHL caliber talent from jumping ship to play in the KHL, like Hudler is doing. The NHL's grasp on the best talent in the world is tenuous at best, and they're afraid that a league with sufficient monetary backing (like the KHL) could supplant them.
                  OK. I understand that.

Where was USA Hockey when Fetirov defected to play in the US? They were on the side of the wings. Why would the Russian league observe rules set by USA hockey that pilfered most of their talent?

Comment

OK. I understand that.

Where was USA Hockey when Fetirov defected to play in the US? They were on the side of the wings. Why would the Russian league observe rules set by USA hockey that pilfered most of their talent?
                    They wouldn't, and that's exactly the KHL's stance on it.

The real hope the NHL is pining on is that USA Hockey can use their influence to bar players who "defect" to the KHL from playing in international competition, like the World Championships and the Olympics. The Czech Olympic Committee, however, has already told the IIHF and USA Hockey just where they can stick it.

The point is, it's a non-story. Hudler is going to play in the KHL, and he's going to play in the Olympics, no matter what the NHL tries to do to bar it.
                    Last edited by chemiclord; September 2, 2009, 05:17 PM.

Comment

• Seriously.. Who cares about VS.. Wings.. Cup.

?? Without VS I believe I would have missed 2 games in the Finals and 2-3 games of the semi finals vs the Blackhawks. FOX only shows the first two rounds and nobody with a dish can get CBC.

Comment

I beleive the NHL has agreements with nearly all the European leagues and they recognize each others contracts. Im positive that they dont have this agreement with the Russian pro leagues. Remember when Datsuyk signed a contract in Russia and back out of it because they wanted to trade him. The Wings could sign him with out any problems because the NHL doesnt recognize Russian league contracts and vice versa.
                        asshole

Comment

• .....and this is the reason the Russian league will sign him.

Will he like where he is playing? I am not sure but, the Russian league has to do a lot to equal what the Wings do to make their players comfortable and ready to play.......

Comment

• Malto I'm pretty sure 5 mil untaxed while being serviced by hott eastern block women and vodka will do the trick.

Now how safe will his money be around those thugs is a different story. What ever happened with Yashin?
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Alex Tanguay signed for 2.5 last week. I'd rather have him and Abdelkader in the lineup then Bert and Williams.
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by packfan View Post
                                ?? Without VS I believe I would have missed 2 games in the Finals and 2-3 games of the semi finals vs the Blackhawks. FOX only shows the first two rounds and nobody with a dish can get CBC.
                                Wings were scheduled for 8 games on Vrs. Says Comcast is to blame. Check www.directv.com/versus.
                                "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

Working...
                                X